Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The vanquish is the perfect name for a flagship Motorola device after June 28. Vanquish as in Verizon vanquishing unlimited and going for the wallet. Oh well wonder what the Droid 5 will be hopefully they put a bigger battery and go nice with the screen. Still may be in the hunt for the vanquish. Just going to wait probably until Christmas and get the max deal i can for it. Game plan is to upgrade when they have the double data promotion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah... this change from vzw still ticks me off... and i agree about the name :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Today is the day!!! Today :) is the day that we're going to :what: find out!!!!! :( absolutely nothing :mad: grrrrrr :banghead:

mbell75

Reaction score
If they are waiting until a couple months after the galaxy S3 is released, that means we won't be seeing this phone till well in September

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
94lt1 said:
Yeah... this change from vzw still ticks me off... and i agree about the name :)

Hey 94lt1! Good morning! Just found this thread talking about the "Vanquish"?
LOL... When you wrote "PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED" , was that maybe a crystal ball kind of thing, or do you really have the inside scoop??????? o-0??? Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hey 94lt1! Good morning! Just found this thread talking about the "Vanquish"?
LOL... When you wrote "PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED" , was that maybe a crystal ball kind of thing, or do you really have the inside scoop??????? o-0??? Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Its a " I want this device, and as soon as its available... I'll have it"..thing lol

Sorry to disappoint :) but it is geared towards the device obviously :)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its a " I want this device, and as soon as its available... I'll have it"..thing lol

Sorry to disappoint :) but it is geared towards the device obviously :)

I would do the same except the new data plan will be out then so I might as well wait for double data promotion before buying any thing.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would do the same except the new data plan will be out then so I might as well wait for double data promotion before buying any thing.

I hear ya there. I'm just going to drop the cash on it, or perhaps add a line and get it. See if you add a line, then that line is subject to tiered data. Your lines that are currently under contract are unaffected. So bounce your current device to that line with a 2 gig plan, and move the HD to your line.

Before anyone says.... you have to go to shared... no you don't. You CAN go to shared, but you HAVE to go to tiered. :D

Sam_K

Reaction score
I also want this phone over the Samsung Galaxy S3 because of the 3300 mAh battery and the fact that it probably support a lapdock accessory. To those who think that 2gb of RAM is overkill, I keep getting low memory errors on my Droid Bionic (which has 1gb RAM) when I use it with my lapdock and eventually it crashes. Now that could be due to the webtop software being poor (which isn't needed on phones with ICS because it will just switch to tablet mode when connected to the lapdock) but I'm not sure. Regardless I'd rather have 2gb of RAM to reduce the potential for low memory errors with the lapdock.

Like other people I'm also thinking about buying the Galaxy S3 on contract and then selling it on eBay or Craigslist in order to subsidize the full retail price that I'll pay for the Droid Razr Maxx HD so I can keep my unlimited data plan.

Lastly I don't expect to see the Droid Razr Maxx HD before August or September. The Droid Razr Maxx is the best selling phone on Verizon right now and it's still selling for $299 on contract. Motorola is in no rush to reduce their margins by replacing Verizon's best selling phone with a new model that will be more expensive to manufacture and then sell it at the same $299 price point. Once the Galaxy S3 starts shipping in July, it will replace the Razr Maxx as Verizon's best selling phone, then Motorola will react by reducing the price of the Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx and then they'll release the Droid Razr HD in August or possibly September. Motorola definitely doesn't want this phone to be overshadowed by the next iPhone so they'll probably release it before the next iPhone is announced and/or goes on sale.

mgrande

Reaction score
I wish the hd could run sense 4, that would be my ideal phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK... that's just odd. Why would you want a moto device to run sense? :confused:

mgrande

Reaction score
OK... that's just odd. Why would you want a moto device to run sense? :confused:

Because I don't like MOTOBLUR and it would be nice to be able to just download sense 4 and run it instead.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ics blur is nice and I am a loud out spoken hater of blur. Waiting for the droid 5.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah blur is at a minimum on ics. Idk what it may be like on the HD though :)