Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

hotice

Reaction score
I am not sure if this phone will be all that great. I hope it will be and I will get one but motorola has not done anything great with a phone except putting a bigger battery in one. they have fallen behind almost every other phone manufacture. if they do not put 2 gigs of ram in this phone then the phone will not be much better than the maxx which I think is the most overrated phone Verizon has.
I don't agree. With the Razr they introduced great build materials that don't interfere with signal, a water proof nano-coating over the electronics, and with the Maxx a huge battery. If you consider not having a phone with a 1280x720 display falling behind, then I guess they have. Realistically, a 720p display is of no practical value to most people. Maybe qHD but 720 (over qHD) adds almost no noticeable benefit while it will require more power and make the graphics subsystem work harder (slower graphics performance, perceivable or not). I like moto hardware better than HTC or Samsung typically because of ports and expandability. There is only one other phone with 2GB of RAM right now so if they put theirs out with 1GB, as much as I don't want that, you can hardly say they have fallen behind.

mgrande

Reaction score
Maybe part of the reason for the delay was to give it 2gb of ram?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well if it wasn't announced and pulled back, we can't really call it a delay :) though it may well have been delayed. I need a moto insider :sly:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

mgrande

Reaction score
Im sure they've considered it, if the is supposed to be a flagship phone it will have to be up there specs wise simply for advertising. (I know one opinion is that 2gb of ram is pointless)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

jgmecarter

Reaction score
hotice said:
I don't agree. With the Razr they introduced great build materials that don't interfere with signal, a water proof nano-coating over the electronics, and with the Maxx a huge battery. If you consider not having a phone with a 1280x720 display falling behind, then I guess they have. Realistically, a 720p display is of no practical value to most people. Maybe qHD but 720 (over qHD) adds almost no noticeable benefit while it will require more power and make the graphics subsystem work harder (slower graphics performance, perceivable or not). I like moto hardware better than HTC or Samsung typically because of ports and expandability. There is only one other phone with 2GB of RAM right now so if they put theirs out with 1GB, as much as I don't want that, you can hardly say they have fallen behind.
I do consider not having a HD screen a down grade. And in all reality motorola has put out the same phone worth a different shell our a bigger battery. They have done good sales with the maxx but their sales have gone way down i'm the last year. Why do you think that is? I am sure it had nothing to do with other phones having better specs.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I am not saying that the vanquish or the maxx is a bad phone. I am a fan of all cell phones they all have something to offer

jon341427

Reaction score
I'd bet money that the specs will be

720p screen
1.2 dual core
1 gb of ram
8mp camera

I think that Motorola doesn't want to have a spec battle Bc Samsung can do it cheaper. I think they do have a Little something up theirs sleeves though....

jgmecarter

Reaction score
jon341427 said:

720p screen
1.2 dual core
1 gb of ram
8mp camera

I think that Motorola doesn't want to have a spec battle Bc Samsung can do it cheaper. I think they do have a Little something up theirs sleeves though....

I hope you are wrong. But considering that there last 3 phones have been pretty much the same thing it would not surprise me.

hotice

Reaction score
720p screen
1.2 dual core
1 gb of ram
8mp camera
Don't bet anything on those specs. We can be pretty confident it will not be a TI OMAP. Benchmarks have already shown that it has an S4 processor which will probably be 1.5GHz. Clock speed doesn't matter as much as the newer S4 design compared to the current OMAPs that are available and the faster Adreno 225 GPU. I'm hoping for the Adreno 320 in the Razr HD but would be happy with the Adreno 225. The S4 has the huge advantage of using a 28nm die size which will save a lot of battery compared to the 45nm die of the OMAP making that 3300mAH battery last even longer than on the Maxx. The S4 also has an advantage by using some optimizations from the ARM Cortex A15 design where as the OMAPs, Tegra 3, and even the new Samsung quad-core, are all based on the ARM Cortex A9 design. This gives the S4 a core to core advantage over all the compitition basically and explains why you see the S4 beating the quad core Tegra 3 in most benchmarks. Also, since it's the only one of those using a 28nm die size it uses less power. The Samsung Quad is 32nm and the Tegra 3 in 40nm.

Photos that seem to be from the Razr HD have suggested a 12ish MP camera so again, you're probably wrong there. Sony is doing 13MP camera's. Moto may have gotten the camera from Sony - that would be a good thing:) The Sony thing is completely my guess. I just want a good quality camera with a back side illuminated cmos sensor. If Moto gives it a good bsi camera that would be a first for a Moto phone I think - and it is very overdue.

I'm curious as to your basis for the 1GB of RAM. The RAM is probably one of the least expensive components right now. I'm expecting 2GB since the Samsung GS3 has 2GB and the recently announced LG on Verizon will have 2GB.

Come on Motorola and Verizon!!! Tell us what's coming so we don't have to have silly conversations trying to guess what will be in the Razr HD - or even if that will be the name!

JScharf92

Reaction score
anyone else think the HD is going to get released right after big V changes to their data share plan?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah a bit of info would be awesome. If it does drop in early July... that will suck, but i will definitely be getting it anyway, @ full price.

hotice

Reaction score
anyone else think the HD is going to get released right after big V changes to their data share plan?
I called Verizon yesterday to ask about that. The person I talked to said that as long as I was upgrading my phone my plan wouldn't change at all. I wouldn't need to move to the "share everything" plan and my data would stay unlimited. I have a Droid X that I bought a few days after it was released and I'm elidgable for an upgrade now. The person I talked to was very sure of her reply. We'll see what happens when the time comes!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
All I know is that the vanquish would've been an awesome fathers day gift :mad: lol. :D