DROID RAZR MAXX HD LED light

RazorbackFan

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue and VZW tech support was not able to help. They called Motorola tech support and they said the phone should only show red while being charged... Anyone having the same problem

I do not believe this is a hardware issue as one of the posters stated above. I had the same issue for the week that I've had the phone. Last night I decided to do a Factory Wipe/Reset and I went through the regular process of setting up the phone, logging in with my Google creds and the LED STILL didn't work. I then RESET the phone again and this time did not put in my Google creds and the LED worked. I then decided to go ahead with my Google creds and after a reboot the LED would NOT work again. As someone else mentioned, there must be some settings from my Droid X that were saved in my Google account that somehow is disabling the LED. So, I RESET yet again and this time added my Google account but did not allow everything but contacts to be pulled from Google. I manually grabbed all my apps and had to re-do my system settings. Everything is working beautifully. I get a White, Green, and Blue colors. I have not seen any Red while charging or when Full Charge. I hope this helps.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure what eventually "cleared out" that led setting, maybe it was just time, after getting something to enable it... very odd.

SIIG

Reaction score
I do not believe this is a hardware issue as one of the posters stated above. I had the same issue for the week that I've had the phone. Last night I decided to do a Factory Wipe/Reset and I went through the regular process of setting up the phone, logging in with my Google creds and the LED STILL didn't work. I then RESET the phone again and this time did not put in my Google creds and the LED worked. I then decided to go ahead with my Google creds and after a reboot the LED would NOT work again. As someone else mentioned, there must be some settings from my Droid X that were saved in my Google account that somehow is disabling the LED. So, I RESET yet again and this time added my Google account but did not allow everything but contacts to be pulled from Google. I manually grabbed all my apps and had to re-do my system settings. Everything is working beautifully. I get a White, Green, and Blue colors. I have not seen any Red while charging or when Full Charge. I hope this helps.

I just did this too but only seeing reds not blue, greens only reds. I'm going to reset the phone once more hope this clears the issue.

polysaturate

Reaction score
After it not working from the start, and LightFlow not working, I uninstalled LightFlow and rebooted the phone. Once that happened, I was able to get stock notifications working without any further adjustment.

Later, last night I installed LightFlow again and was able to set the adjustments and run the test. The one thing I noticed when testign lightflow is that you have to hit the "test" button, and THEN lock the screen, to see the led flash.

SIIG

Reaction score
I got it working here are the steps

1. Factory reset
2. Restore only contacts
3. Installed Apps manual
4. Install light flow

It's all working

RazorbackFan

Reaction score
I got it working here are the steps

1. Factory reset
2. Restore only contacts
3. Installed Apps manual
4. Install light flow

It's all working

Great to hear you got it working! It's such a minor thing but good to know that the phone works as it should. I'm still getting used to the LED now that it is working. :)

Webbslinger

Reaction score
Notification light

I'm the guy who posted earlier that it was a hardware issue. That's what moto and verizon told me after two phone swaps. Well, happy to report that the rocket scientists on this thread were right on. Followed the four steps and it's working fine. One note though, it didn't work without installing Light Flo. Thanks to you all

RazorbackFan

Reaction score
I'm the guy who posted earlier that it was a hardware issue. That's what moto and verizon told me after two phone swaps. Well, happy to report that the rocket scientists on this thread were right on. Followed the four steps and it's working fine. One note though, it didn't work without installing Light Flo. Thanks to you all

I meant no disrespect to you just that I thought that Motorola might have been incorrect about the hardware flaw due to the fact that I have only read of a few people having this issue. Glad that you got it working. As I said before, its a good feeling knowing that everything is functioning as it should. I can't say enough great things about this phone overall. There is not another device I would rather have.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to know I wasn't crazy in my thinking and others have had this problem.

Sent from my phone

harp666

Reaction score
On my 3rd phone..first 2 had no working led light,3rd working fine. 3rd times a charm I guess.

nycsnuff

Reaction score
I just got my razr mazxx hd and had the same issue. Followed the steps outlined here and all seems to working as intended. thanks!

SIIG

Reaction score
nycsnuff said:
I just got my razr mazxx hd and had the same issue. Followed the steps outlined here and all seems to working as intended. thanks!

Good to hear it works.

Webbslinger

Reaction score
Notification light

After getting my light working as per the previous method with Light Flow, a couple of times a day my notification light would not be able to be turned off. To reset the light the phone had to be powered off. I uninstalled Light Flow and now the stock light works fine. Previously the stock light didn't work and only got it with Light Flow. No idea why it has self corrected, but it is 100% now.

RazorbackFan

Reaction score
After getting my light working as per the previous method with Light Flow, a couple of times a day my notification light would not be able to be turned off. To reset the light the phone had to be powered off. I uninstalled Light Flow and now the stock light works fine. Previously the stock light didn't work and only got it with Light Flow. No idea why it has self corrected, but it is 100% now.

Glad it's working now! I still think that it has something to do with settings from a previous device. This only doesn't make sense if you were a first time android user. The only common denominator was loading Google "settings" during phone setup. If I allowed my Google account and contacts to load but told it not to load my settings, it works. Otherwise, if I allowed all to load during setup the light would not work. The settings that it loads are basically saved settings for preferences and wifi settings, etc. I have had numerous Android devices including one phone, a Droid X. I can only assume that there was a setting I used on my Droid X that somehow prevented the light from working once I allowed the saved settings from Google to load. I'm not sure where to even begin to try and figure this out on an account level much less a device level.