Droid Razr Maxx Connection Error No Email/Facebook/Twitter

ThyKingZG

Reaction score
"no mechanism, not available". haven't had email or facebook/twitter for three days.

incorrect user/password....even though they are right.

OP
T

ThyKingZG

Reaction score
also when i go in to put my email password in it keeps telling me "invalid credentials".

OP
T

ThyKingZG

Reaction score
this all started with 6.12 software update fyi......have a brand new razr maxx from verizon and the same thing is now happening on it......gotta love big red.

gpatmac

Reaction score
Hi. Any updates? I had to reinstall the OS and then restored via Titanium after a soft brick, now I have the same problem you stated.

kmiller300

Reaction score
I am having the same issue as of June 20th. It just all of a sudden stopped. Anyone have a fix yet?

Ready2Retire

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my hotmail account not working under the Email icon. Had worked fine for the first 5 days I had the phone, then yesterday I kept getting all the connection error messages.

pretzls

Reaction score
I had email June 20 and then on the 21, no aol mail. Get "invalid credentials" message even though they are correct. Tried to uninstall aol, but got the same message so now I can't even reinstall aol. Also tried turning off wifi, but that was of no help. What next? Can anybody else help?

DroidRazrMax52

Reaction score
Same problems "authentication error," with "invalid credentials" with "no Mechanism." Cannot even delete the accounts -- Gmail and Yahoo. There is at least one other thread on the forum where these problems started for subscribers in the June 20-21 range. Was there an upgrade pushed down at that time?

JNTN

Reaction score
Same issue for me since 6/21, although my gmail is working, which I only have cause the Droid needed me to set it up. My AOL is what I use. I'm not dependent on my phone for it, I can access online, but it is annoying to say the least for a phone I've had for less then a week:angry:

Will watch this forum and also there is one on the Verizon site I'm watching to see if anyone posts anything about getting this issue resolved.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had this issue on my maxx that is running gb, I did a fdr and its good to go. I know you guys don't like hearing that, but it worked for me :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

s_cuttic

Reaction score
Could it be an email server issue somewhere on VZW's end? Maybe an update was done somewhere and a security setting is wrong or a network setting was changed.

I hope that this issue gets resolved quickly. What other phones besides the Razor's are having this issue? I was able to check my Gmail and Yahoo mail on my Droid X earlier today without any problems so it has to be something with newer phones.

Last edited:

JNTN

Reaction score
I broke down and called VZ today about this problem with my AOL.

Long story short, I ended up doing the factory reset and now AOL is fine. I lost a few apps I had downloaded, but just re-downloaded them. I have back up in place, so all contacts etc were saved.

The tech I talked with was very pleasant and walked me thru a couple scenarios and I went with the reboot. He called me on my landline and made it easy for me as I'm not the most tech savvy user.