Droid Razr Maxx 3g/4g DISCONNECTS

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Nither 3G or 4G work on my razr maxx, any idea? Im in the aria covered by 4G and 3G...
verizons only solution is to exchange my phone(new) for a used/refurbished one? im not looking to get a used phone after about a week after i payed for a new one.

If you are within your first 14 days, the phone must replaced with a brand new one under the "14 day worry-free guarantee". Don't accept a refurbished one, but if you don't have either 3G or 4G, then I'd say the phone has a real problem and should be replaced immediately.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Lyubov

Reaction score
If you are within your first 14 days, the phone must replaced with a brand new one under the "14 day worry-free guarantee". Don't accept a refurbished one, but if you don't have either 3G or 4G, then I'd say the phone has a real problem and should be replaced immediately.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

I think there pushing it. Untill the waranty is all out. could it also be related to update? one of the official over the air updates? Trough i did factory reset with no luck.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I think there pushing it. Untill the waranty is all out. could it also be related to update? one of the official over the air updates? Trough i did factory reset with no luck.

if you did a factory reset and you still have the same problems, then it has to be a failed phone. Don't let them talk you out of a replacement that is brand new, they're required to do so.

Lyubov

Reaction score
Well not if ots them who are pushing it with"we are requierd by motorola to only replace with refurbished or used"
My other option could be to send it directly to motorola. but then im without a phone for about 2weeks. Unless anyone here has a spare 4g device they could donate?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
FoxKat said:
if you did a factory reset and you still have the same problems, then it has to be a failed phone. Don't let them talk you out of a replacement that is brand new, they're required to do so.

What he^^^ said.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

OP
matrinox104

matrinox104

Reaction score
So i went back to my LG Ally. SOLID performance. I tried every single troubleshooting method mentioned here. EVERY ONE. I even changed the setting on my router for QOS(quality of service). Nothing.

Here is what I think my data problem is: On my LG, whenever I create a hotspot, the VW hotspot logo pops up with it. My phone isn't rooted.
Whenever I made a hotspot with the RAZR MAXX & Bionic, the VW emblem didn't show up. That is ONLY difference I noticed.
Maybe I get nudged off the VW by creating an unauthorized hotspot. But it always reconnects...meh.
I think I might try those phones again when 4g gets into my area.
I WILL ROOT. I will disable the requirements to enable the hotspot.

Meh, oh well I've got a super reliable performer and I'm happy. MSG me for questions

jarminiak

Reaction score
razr max 4g disconnect fix

The 4 g would go fron blue to white then disconnect 20 to 30 times a day.after 10 calls to tech support, tier two service, 3 trouble shooting tickets, 3 new phones, sim cards nothing worked. Then I found an app it is called: restore connectivity settings- mororola droid razr.

I installed the app it fixed the issue. I can't believe tech support didn't know about this.

helron

Reaction score
I am having the same issues as others with a DROID RAZR . However, it all began after ICS update. I am in a Strong 4G area, and yet I constantly drop signal outside and inside, near or far. I also experience the same with my WIFI signal. All was well before ICS. I've used FIOS for years and have always been a happy camper. Any help is appreciated.

Jkeehn33

Reaction score
So i was just having the same issue, i came across this forum in the process of looking for a solution. After i read all the post, with no help, i was about download that app that Jarminiak was talking about. when i tried to go to the store, my phone told me the background data was not enabled. after i enabled it, the problem was fixed. i don't know how it got disabled, because ive never messed around in that menu before. but i thought i would sign up to let you guys know, just incase that fixes anyone's problems

jcpc0614

Reaction score
matrinox104 said:
The problem is with the MAXX, this new phone has a difference with "detecting" a signal, and "communicating" the signal.
I have learned that if it detects a signal, the signal bars will be white. Once it establishes a signal, it will be blue.

Immediately after I get disconnected the bars are white.

Is it my phone disconnecting itself from the data, canceling it to save power? (which I think it is)

My case is a little different. ANY HELP you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to a similar problem which I think is soo00ooOoo00 close to mine. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-tech-support/205220-3g-4g-disconnect.html

I cannot find the same options on my phone however.
Do I need to root the phone to access this?

I have 11 days left to decide if I wanna keep the phone.

Please and thank you.

Go to Google Play Market download app called "Restore Connectivity" this should do the trick!

blueglacia

Reaction score
Temporary solution to Verizon 4G disconnect problem: My Razr Maxx (ICS: less frequently) and new Razr Maxx HD (JB4.1.2: much more frequently) both had persistent 4G disconnect problems on Verizon. It tends to occur about twice (or more) a day: around 8am and 11pm (plus at other times as well). "Network Type and Strength (under Settings)" shows 4G signal remains strong during the disconnect. Rebooting obviously restores the connection immediately. Instead, I quickly toggle Flight Mode on and off, which re-engages whatever system service responsible for holding 4G connection. This suggests to me that a modification within Android could easily overcome this disconnect issue even it the problem stems from Verizon's 4G handshake architecture (read: This Is Why Your Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Or Other 4G LTE VZW Phone) Is Losing Its Data Connection). Only if Google is aware of this issue and the solution.