Droid RAZR M vs the new Droid Mini

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR M' started by Dave517, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Dave517

Dave517 New Member

Wow. Just my luck as I only got my RAZR M on June 5th and now its obsolete! :blink: Are any of you "RAZR M" owners contemplating trading up the new Droid Mini? Granted, It's got a higher resolution screen but why did they go back to LCD vs. the M's AOLED? Isn't AOLED better?

The new Mini also has 2GB of RAM vs the M which is only 1GB. Internal memory boosted from 8GB to 16GB. But, I think the new Mini doesn't have a micro USB expansion slot?!? That's kind of a killer.

But, the OS has been upgraded as well as a faster 1.7GHz quad core processor. Battery appears to be the same yet they claim longer life.

I tried searching for a comparison of our M vs the new Mini but couldn't find anything worthy as the new Mini is just too new right now.

So, Are you going to hang with your current M or explore an upgrade to the new Mini?
  2. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

I like all 3 new Droids, but will probably keep my Razr M for a while since I just bought it 2 weeks ago for dirt cheap on a local yard sale website. I still have unlimited data and not sure if the new lineup "wows" me enough to give that up....but maybe they will. Plus, I have the car dock and flip stand dock.
  3. Dave517

Dave517 New Member

I hear you. I only got my RAZR M on June 5th and now it's obsolete! I too like what I see about the 3 new Droids. Especially the MINI that is almost exactly the same size/weight as our RAZR M but with very nice improvements in screen, processor, RAM and ROM size, camera, and stronger battery life.

I got my RAZR M for free with a new two year contract with Verizon. I do love my RAZR M but I hate it when **** like this happens. Kinda like buying a new car and two months later the same car is released with all new better specs.
  4. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

True. That's just how it goes...I guess. There will always be something newer, better, faster, bigger, etc as soon as you buy the current model. I personnaly think the M along with the HD will see a few more updates though & stay somewhat current. That's just my opinion though....no crystal ball to look into. I do like the battery life on this thing...it's impressing me more each day.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Dave517

Dave517 New Member

I've noticed the same thing as well. In the beginning it seemed like the battery went down quicker than I was expecting but now it seems to last a lot longer. Maybe because in the beginning I was playing with it often trying different features and now I just use it. I found if one has the will power not to grab the phone and wake it each time an email or message comes in that dramatically increases the battery life. A full charge can easily get me through 24-hours with normal usage with maybe 30-50% left when I charge it back up next morning.
  6. Swine70

Swine70 New Member

i just got my M for free, Verizon upgrade, 2 weeks ago. i'm not into the fastest or best phone on the market, i just try to pick the better phone for the free upgrade and really this is a lot more phone than i expected, I love this phone!
  7. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

Enjoy the new phone! :)
Search tags for this page
droid m vs droid mini
droid m vs mini
droid mini or razr m
droid mini review

droid mini vs droid razr m

droid mini vs razr m

droid razr m vs droid mini

droid razr m vs droid razr mini