droid razr lcd screen broke

tower212

Reaction score
my sister thought she could fix it by looking underneath the back cover and ended up pulling the battery out. i had many important memory filled photos on this phone and also contacts. is there absolutely no way to retrieve them anymore?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Perhaps hooking it up to your computer using its charge cable..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Broken screen doesn't prevent you from accessing the internal sd card via USB connection to a PC. And pics on the removable micro SD Card can be preserved and moved simply by removing the card and inserting it into another micro SD card device or slot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

tower212

Reaction score
all that happened is it lit up white on the top left

OP
T

tower212

Reaction score
Broken screen doesn't prevent you from accessing the internal sd card via USB connection to a PC. And pics on the removable micro SD Card can be preserved and moved simply by removing the card and inserting it into another micro SD card device or slot.

does the fact that the battery has been removed affect it? :eek:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Are you saying the battery isn't in the phone any longer? If so, then yes. The phone won't power up without a battery unless you use a special cable, and even then that method only works with some model phones...specifically Motorola phones.

Replace the battery and then try again with the USB cable, but make sure you power up the phone first.

OP
T

tower212

Reaction score
Are you saying the battery isn't in the phone any longer? If so, then yes. The phone won't power up without a battery unless you use a special cable, and even then that method only works with some model phones...specifically Motorola phones.

Replace the battery and then try again with the USB cable, but make sure you power up the phone first.

droid razr has a battery which is connected straight to the phone. would replacing it still work?