Droid Razr lack of Google logo

lobo13

Reaction score
Hey, after all the hooplah I have noticed no one mention that the Google logo is nowhere on the phone. I have looked at all the pictures from the even and I have only Seen Motorola's logos. I may have seen a Verizon logo somewhere around the phone. Not too sure. But I know that this isn't common for the Google logo not to be on the phone itself. The Droid Bionic has it. So, anyone know why it's not on the Droid Razr?

ExParatrooper

Reaction score
The only images you are seeing are from prototypes and pre-release demo and eval models. That said, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Everyone knows Android = Google. Add to that fact that Google just bought Motorola Mobility. I don't think they are distancing themselves:)

OP
L

lobo13

Reaction score
The only images you are seeing are from prototypes and pre-release demo and eval models. That said, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Everyone knows Android = Google. Add to that fact that Google just bought Motorola Mobility. I don't think they are distancing themselves:)
Ok, I was a little worried about that.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lack of google branding usually means........BING! Just kidding, no way they bing this phone. Droid branded phones are always google devices.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
L

lobo13

Reaction score
Yeah, was just wondering why there was no google logo. But I guess they will put those things in later. Just with it releasing in a month I would have thought the logo would be on there already.

dan.dar

Reaction score
With the bootloader locked, if they bing this phone it won't sell. They ruined Fascinate and I doubt they want to repeat this mistake on another high end device. The Fascinate with a different ROM is like a completely different device. No lag, GPS works perfect and fast, the screen is gorgeous, battery lasts almost 2 days, no missed calls, no unexplained freezes and reboots. A perfect phone. I am considering replacing the Fascinate with the Razr and my wife is considering returning her week-old Bionic to BB and exchanging it for this phone. If it's Binged it's a deal breaker and I'll probably wait till Razr2 (Rarz HD?) with no soft keys and ICS.

welsalex

Reaction score
Lack of google branding usually means........BING! Just kidding, no way they bing this phone. Droid branded phones are always google devices.

Rumors exist of the razr coming yo At&t which mean its not so much Droid Branded even though its a droid device.....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rumors exist of the razr coming yo At&t which mean its not so much Droid Branded even though its a droid device.....

That's quite possible since this is not just a Droid device. It will just be called a Motorola Razr (or something similar) instead of Droid Razr, like the European version. Only Verizon bings their phones, comes from some marketing deal they have with Microsoft.

tc1

Reaction score
Never thought about Verizon putting bing on it.

Deal breaker maybe.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Mysfit

Reaction score
No maybe about it. If they Bing it it kills it for me.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

tc1

Reaction score
I don't care about being able to root or locked boot loaders, bloatware pisses me off but being forced to use a certain piece of software loses my business.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't care about being able to root or locked boot loaders, bloatware pisses me off but being forced to use a certain piece of software loses my business.

I agree. I never wanted to root. Verizon forced my hand. Now I have a rooting addiction. Thanks Verizon!

tc1

Reaction score
I haven't heard anybody mention bing in any reviews so probably not going to have it.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

No, it is an ANDROID device. DROID is a brand name used by Verizon (and they pay dearly to use it, as well) for certain Android phones in their lineup.

There is no such thing as a non-Verizon "droid device".