Droid Razr keeps repeating "Droid" with no notification

robbicole

Reaction score
A few weeks ago my Droid Razr randomly started saying "Droid" and there was no new notification. I took my phone in to my local store & they told me it was a setting with one of my installed apps & the only way to fix it would be to remove allinstalled apps and start over or I could do a hard reset, which would remove everything from my phone. I have removed all the installed apps & it still says it. I have checked and rechecked all my settings. I am clueless and ready to get a different phone. I have to turn my notifications to silent in order to prevent the repetitive sound of "Droid". So, now the only way to know if I have an email or text is to look at my phone. Can anyone help!??

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Is it doing it when your phone is charging perhaps?

System setting, sound, scroll down to battery full notification.

If not.. a factory data reset may be the quickest way of resolving this :)

Also, welcome to the droid forums :) glad you chose to come hang out with us. :thumbup:

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Clear your cache and see if that helps. If that does not help, do a factory reset. You've already removed your apps so this isn't too big as a next step.

OP
R

robbicole

Reaction score
It isn't charging when the "Droid" sounds, and I have already unchecked battery full notification. Not sure how to clear the cache. Thanks for the welcome! Lots of good information to be found here.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Is it doing it when your phone is charging perhaps?

System setting, sound, scroll down to battery full notification.

If not.. a factory data reset may be the quickest way of resolving this :)

Also, welcome to the droid forums :) glad you chose to come hang out with us. :thumbup:

I knew there was something that bugging me. If your phone is plugged in and charging and pops the fully charged flag, the notification will sound with no visible changes to your notifications.

OP
R

robbicole

Reaction score
Clear your cache and see if that helps. If that does not help, do a factory reset. You've already removed your apps so this isn't too big as a next step.

I figured out how to clear the cache. We'll see if that works. Thanks for the input!!

djspy

Reaction score
I've noticed that happening the last few days. It doesn't do it constantly but once in a while I'll hear the "DROID!" Sound and nothing comes up.

Exalted911

Reaction score
Why don't you just factory reset your phone and your problem is solved. Make sure and backup your contacts and installing apps is easy specially thru wifi.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
Exalted911 said:
Why don't you just factory reset your phone and your problem is solved. Make sure and backup your contacts and installing apps is easy specially thru wifi.

I really dislike solutions that involve factory resets. Am I the only one who finds it very frustrating to start all over with my phone? So many people are quick to suggest that as a solution.

Exalted911

Reaction score
I really dislike solutions that involve factory resets. Am I the only one who finds it very frustrating to start all over with my phone? So many people are quick to suggest that as a solution.

The thing is. You already tried everything else and its always good to factory reset once in a blue moon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I do it weekly to get of those apps that i hardly ever use

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

glcej

Reaction score
I was having the same problem on my Razr and could not figure out what was causing it. I recently upgraded to the Razr HD and it started with the same problem. I have a question for you. Do you have the Yahoo Mail app installed on your phone? I believe there is a problem with this app. I just happened onto this by accident, but I was on my computer looking at my yahoo mail and received an email and the phone dinged with no notification. I deleted this app and installed yahoo mail through accounts on the phone and the problem went away.

Boonej2

Reaction score
Razr maxx radomly saying "Droid"

I removed notifications for email app, and so far so good. Appears my yahoo email account will no longer login with credentials. Pop-up states I'm using invalid credentials even though I confirmed username/password. Also, it won't let me remove the yahoo account (same reason).