Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Try googling "droid razr gsm" and click on "shopping"

silver6054

Reaction score
Try googling "droid razr gsm" and click on "shopping"

OK, I should be more specific!

Where do I find a link for an unlocked Droid RAZR that really is a DROID RAZR supporting LTE and CDMA as well as GSM.
The first link I found following droid razr gsm is the 810, which is the Motorola RAZR, not DROID RAZR. All the other links I found were either for this, or for the Verizon version, without GSM.

bjorn65

Reaction score
I have found a website that for $30 will unlock any phone, one of the phones included is the xt912. But should I have to pay to unlock my phone. Well I will pay to get the unlock code then send the bill to Verizon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

silver6054

Reaction score
I have found a website that for $30 will unlock any phone, one of the phones included is the xt912. But should I have to pay to unlock my phone. Well I will pay to get the unlock code then send the bill to Verizon.

The fact that a website says they can unlock the phone means almost nothing. The Droid 2 Global for example was advertized on many websites, but most of the codes just didn't work. Anyway, try it! If you cannot find a way to switch to GSM mode though, I don't know what you think unlocking will do.

bjorn65

Reaction score
celluloco.com/motorola-droid-razr-xt912-spyder-worlds-thinnest-gingerbread-dr-pr-3600.html

silver6054

Reaction score
celluloco.com/motorola-droid-razr-xt912-spyder-worlds-thinnest-gingerbread-dr-pr-3600.html

OK, I agree that that looks good. Then the question is whether it is right. I was just looking at the manual on the Moto site, nothing about world connectivity (compare to the manuals for the D2G and D3 for example, which have sections on Global phone, calling from outside the US etc).

Also, page 13 on the support site:

[h=4]Does the DROID RAZR include worldphone functionality[/h]
DROID RAZR was designed to leverage the blazing-fast speeds of Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network and worldphone functionality has not been included at this time.
Please note that we've launched Motorola RAZR that will be available in many regions across the globe, including Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Middle East.

============================
So all the evidence from those that might know best seems to indicate that it isn't a world phone.

silver6054

Reaction score

bjorn65

Reaction score
well all you can do is laugh?

silver6054

Reaction score
well all you can do is laugh?

Or you could say I am demolishing your argument, however you wish to characterize it.

Both Motorola and Verizon say it isn't a world phone.
One person from Moto says it is.
You use the point that the Razr is advertized as unlocked and the bionic isn't as proof you are right. I provided a counter-example.

But get the unlock code if you want and see what happens. I assure you that sending the bill to Verizon will accomplish nothing (and in my view neither will getting the unlock code).

One last question: If you go to Settings>Wireless and Networks>Mobile Networks>
is there a Network Mode option? And if so, what is there.

bjorn65

Reaction score
cdma/lte.

The bigger point is before ordering the phone Verizon told me it was global.

2. My point with Verizon global services was not to debate was the phone came global GSM turned off. But to email me this, so I could send it back to Motorola and get an answer from them. This is not about wrong or right. The phone is or isn't global. The question is if Motorola send me to Verizon in writing. I want to email Motorola Verizon response then, get a answer. someone should know.

The site I was going to order phone from and spend the money and hopefully get what I want. (could not find it before)

http://www.welectronics.com/gsm/Motorola/Motorola_DRIOD-RAZR2.HTML

I asked these company 3 important questions. 1. Does the phone support Verizon LTE network? yes

Is it unlocked for GSM networks? yes?

What is your return policy? 15 days.

So if it is not as advertised get my money back.

bjorn65

Reaction score
Today I got the unlock code for the xt 912. I will be in England on Sunday let you know how it goes. What I think is happenings Verizon global phones always come with a vodafone sim. Since all lte phones come with an lte sim, they can not call the phone global. However I was told by Motorola on the developer website read the bottom of the page. Which pretty much states depending on your provider, the phone may not have all functions and the sim card being used. Well I will try 3 g micro sim in England and tell you all what happens.

silver6054

Reaction score
Today I got the unlock code for the xt 912. I will be in England on Sunday let you know how it goes. What I think is happenings Verizon global phones always come with a vodafone sim. Since all lte phones come with an lte sim, they can not call the phone global. However I was told by Motorola on the developer website read the bottom of the page. Which pretty much states depending on your provider, the phone may not have all functions and the sim card being used. Well I will try 3 g micro sim in England and tell you all what happens.

Sounds good! Where did you get the unlock code from, Verizon or a third party? Do you already have the micro-sim? Looks like most of the UK providers have them at their stores.

The teardown showed that the phone does have the GSM radios, the question I guess is if they are connected in a useful way, i.e. when you put the GSM sim in, do you somehow get the option of selecting GSM (and setting APN's if needed). Let us know

jcvargas524

Reaction score
this is the information that motorola gave me:

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen by replying to this email within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
global gsm phone
Discussion Thread
Via Email (Neil)11/14/2011 02:14 PM
Dear Juan,

Please note that the US version of the Motorola DROID RAZR from Verizon will only support CDMA800, CDMA1900 and LTE B13 700. It is not compatible with GSM networks. I'm so sorry for that inconvenience.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Neil
Customer By Email (Juan vargas)11/12/2011 01:12 AM
i dont get it you guys saying the phone its cdma only when
motorola.comsays its a dual cdma/gsm phone, and verizon guys some of
them say its
global, some others say its not, and now i just red on droidforums.com that
a guy got it unlocked and he said this words, i got the verizon motorola
droid razr unlocked.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Motorola Global Reply <
[email protected]> wrote:

> **
>
>
>>
>
Via Email (Neil)11/11/2011 02:49 PM
Dear Juan,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola.

I do apologize but the US version of the Motorola DROID RAZR is a CDMA phone and will be released exclusively for Verizon. It is not compatible with GSM networks.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Neil
Customer By Web Form (Juan vargas)11/11/2011 02:30 PM
ok guys i travel a lot to venezuela, im a venezuelan but a us resident, what i need to know is that if a get the droid razr unlocked, would i be able to use it on a venezuelan gsm band, its just that im not willing to pay the verizon rooming charges, i have a droid 2 on verizon which is dual band cdma/gsm phone and i unlocked it some time ago and have no problem using it on venezuelan gsm bands when i travel, is this posible with the motorola droid razr? i need to know this in oder to buy it or not.. thank you..