DROID RAZR HD + RAZR M + ATRIX HD To Get 4.2

KaChow

Reaction score
I just happened to be checking my posts and came across a confirmation from MattLGroff that 4.2 is going through testing builds. Just thought I would share.

Full Thread see post #13

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great to know... good for them for at least moving in the right direction quickly.

However, 4.2 introduced a lot of bugs, so either #1 These test builds will take awhile as Moto/Google/VZW work out those kinks, or #2 it will make the phones buggier...

jber8103

Reaction score
Hopefully it s not too buggy so they can get it to us pronto!! I've been looking for it daily!! Lol!

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Hopefully it s not too buggy so they can get it to us pronto!! I've been looking for it daily!! Lol!

My guess... is when they decide to do this, it will happen like the 4.1.1 soak. They will send out a round of survey's (3 was the soak), which the first 2 surveys were a minor importance (but needed to be completed to participate), with the exception of requesting your MEID (first survey) for the "push" and "authentication". The last survey was the critique and announcement of the OTA push. So, I can imagine if this update is done anything like the 4.1.1 the best way (that I imagine) to get input is to signup for those updates from Motorola and watch your inbox. Of course I'll update this thread with anything I hear, too.

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
I am new to the Android phone game and am wondering if the update is optional. I normally get the latest updates for phones and computers, but the last update on my iPhone has me rethinking this plan.

Right now my MAXX HD has 4.1.1 and it is doing just what I want it to do the way I want it done.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I am new to the Android phone game and am wondering if the update is optional. I normally get the latest updates for phones and computers, but the last update on my iPhone has me rethinking this plan.

Right now my MAXX HD has 4.1.1 and it is doing just what I want it to do the way I want it done.

Well as far as I have seen with the last update it was not a forced update, that is you could keep 4.0.4 if you wanted to. Unfortunately, there were "Update Reminders" that periodically appeared, the easiest way to get rid of those notifications was to upgrade or delay the message. This app can be found if you look under Settings> Apps> All> Updater or more specific Updater 4.1.1-41 (com.motorola.blur.updater). If you can freeze (Root) or disable this app depending on your circumstances, you can basically avoid receiving those annoying and repetitive "Update Reminder" messages and rather continue to enjoy what you currently have running.

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
Thank you KaChow. I'll wait and see what happens, maybe 4.2 will be a good update and not a bad update. I have 4.2.1 on the Nexus 7 and it works fine. Thanks again for your time to reply.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I saw last night that the U.K version of the Razr i was receiving the 4.1.2 upgrade and caught earlier the Canadian Razr HD is receiving the 4.1.2 upgrade, here's the internal link. Any thoughts???

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Considering that the OTA has been turned off, that is no longer is the Security Update 0.7.2 going through OTA nor is JB 4.1.1 going through from ICS 4.0.4 via OTA, of course none this works without alternative methods. I would have to suspect, though eventhough I can't find it notified anywhere and I imagine that Razr/Maxx non-HD are receiving the official release of 4.1.2 that was released over the holiday last year. There must be some sort of an update planned to be coming through for the Razr/Maxx HD very soon. I don't know what the update is, I certainly wasn't expecting 4.2.2 until Q3. But I imagine something is coming very shortly. Anyone else believe so, or have any thoughts towards it?

snowman

Reaction score
I want 4.2 it reall y looks cool
and yes there must be a big update coming soon my apps have been updating like crazy last couple days

danetbra63

Reaction score
So if the 4.2 update is released, will i be able to still get it over the air if I am rooted on 4.1.1?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Whenever any update is released, consider the following.

Have you frozen or disabled anything? If so, you'll need to restore everything before you can update. The update will also break your root, so use something like Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper to protect, temp unroot and then OTA.

Edit: I also deleted one of your duplicate posts. Please only post once, it helps us to reduce clutter. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Speaking of Updates and I think this rather interesting. Since, I've been updating the instructions on the Easy Root Komplete. Verizon has as we know pulled the JB OTA, (well still can download, does not install.) However, the 6mb Update 0.7.2 is fully working. This has me thinking that the 0.7.2 is required the next Update. Which I would wonder can 4.1.1 be completely bypassed with next Update?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

snowman

Reaction score
yeah I would bet it's not needed for the new on e coming but in the mean time I think they should have let it be downloaded
unless they found something in it they really didn't like, such as a security issue or something
I have heard of a few folks buying phones right now with the old stuff in them and they cannot update at this moment