DROID RAZR HD Battery Article

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
http://thegadgetsite.com/2012/07/droid-razr-hd-battery-outed-in-fcc-filing/

If you were hoping for battery size of the MAXX to be in the RAZR HD, you will be disappointed. In contrast, if you were hoping for a slick phone with great battery life, you will be pleasantly surprised. The latest FCC filing of the RAZR HD (code name XT926) reveal a surprising battery capacity – but will it be enough to prevent Motorola from falling into the endless abyss?

Few months ago, statistics from Verizon Wireless indicate that for the first time ever, the iPhone 4S was not the top selling phone of their carrier; the MAXX took the crown as the top selling phone on Verizon. Undoubtedly, the MAXX’s massive battery often sealed the deal, and Verizon employees were also furiously promoting the monstrous phone. It is only natural that MAXX fans jump on the tiniest rumor for the RAZR’s successor, the RAZR HD. The latest round of rumors are not very impressive, considering the galore of superphones that have been out:

• 4.7-inch HD display, a dual-core 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 processor,
  • 1GB RAM,
  • 16GB of on-board storage
  • 13-megapixel camera
  • Near Field Communication (NFC)
  • 3300 mAh battery
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
The biggest change from round up of rumors is the battery; the FCC leak indicates that it will not have a 3300 mAh battery, but a 2530 mAh battery instead. Although there are a few speculations of the HD’s future, the most popular assumption is thatMotorola will attempt to create another phone with a bigger battery (dare I say… DROID RAZR HD MAXX?). Personally, this phone’s battery is still quite ground-breaking, and much larger compared to current phones. Compared to my phone, I would be satisfied since my phone battery is 1425 mAh. Hopefully, Motorola will not create another MAXX and cause more Motorola fans to jump to other companies.
Another speculation is that, because of the Snapdragon S4 being economical, the 2530 mAh battery will be able to last as long as the 3300mAh. Having followed the spew of rumours of the RAZR HD since last year, believe that prolonged battery life was in the equation for the RAZR HD, but never to the extent of the 3300mAh. The design of Motorola phones often are perfected months before production; some might even be a year old. The RAZR HD design and manufacturing was before the Snapdragon S4, and the TI OMAP processors were not off the table during design and production. Therefore, it is only a coincidence that the S4 happens to be economical and the RAZR HD has a slightly larger battery. The Atrix HD’s first sighting was almost a year before its launch, and Motorola designs are slightly influenced by Motorola China as well. Months before any sighting of new Motorola phones in America, Motorola China had already created several variants of the “next Motorola phone”

Since the MAXX was already a fluke, as admitted by Motorola, the physical design of the DROID RAZR HD may have been created too early to incorporate a big battery. The continued pattern of Motorola phones was never meant to fit a 3300mAh. Furthermore, most designing, assembling and making of phones are in China, while the MAXX was accidental discovery in America. As seen in this gallery of Motorola phones, some things things become very apparent; Motorola has been using a similar frame for many of their phones in recent months. To differentiate the phones, Motorola creatively design different exteriors: full kevlar backing, part kevlar backing, plastic frame, metal frame, polished plastic, matte plastic. The camera/speaker hump is also predominant through all the phones. Compared to years ago, Motorola no longer put the camera on the top and speakers on the bottom. The move towards on-screen navigation is prominent as well, compared to other companies. This may partly be the influence of Google itself, since their purchase of Motorola Mobility.

Motorola China seemingly has a strong influence over Motorola in general, and can be a trusty source to Motorola’s future plans. The DROID RAZR HD would be a strong contender to replace my current phone, if not for their infamous locked bootloaders. But that is another issue, for another article.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I don't get it. Why not the bigger battery? The Maxx is a great seller partly due to the big @$$ battery, what are they thinking? Motor they keep us guessing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Be it by fate or by design, the 2530 with the s4 is easily IMHO, going to keep up with the 3300 battery

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
What is sealing the deal for me on the HD is the on screen nav. That's why I loved the GNex so much. The capacitive buttons have been done for far too long. It's time to innovate and move on. Apples major selling gimmick is they are innovators but their devices all look the same and never add nothing just a newer OS that really isn't much different than before. They steal others ideas and claim them. Like how long has android had the notification bar? And apple just got it and claiming its theirs what a bunch of BS!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Be it by fate or by design, the 2530 with the s4 is easily IMHO, going to keep up with the 3300 battery

Maybe, we keep hearing "Snapdragon S4 being economical" or dual core is better on battery, etc. and it never quite pans out.
Even if it's true why not add the "3300 motorcycle battery"?
I still don't think the Maxx is that thick and feels great naked or in a normal case.

coderror

Reaction score
cost effectivness? ergonomics?

if a company have a chance to use a lower mAH battery that is a a little cheaper and a little smaller while still having a great battery life, why not use it?? its a win-win ..-win situation