Droid Razr Erratic Touch Screen

GRAWSTI

Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem with an erratic touch screen on their Droid Razr? I use the SlideIt keyboard and the sliding input is NOT smooth at all on my phone. Attached are some images from drawing Z patterns on my phone. The first one is normal. However, the second and third picture are an ATTEMPTED identical Z pattern, all in one motion without lifting from the screen. I returned my first Razr this morning (after only having it for two weeks), and this new phone is doing the exact same thing...

Input, comments?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem with an erratic touch screen on their Droid Razr? I use the SlideIt keyboard and the sliding input is NOT smooth at all on my phone. Attached are some images from drawing Z patterns on my phone. The first one is normal. However, the second and third picture are an ATTEMPTED identical Z pattern, all in one motion without lifting from the screen. I returned my first Razr this morning (after only having it for two weeks), and this new phone is doing the exact same thing...

Input, comments?

By chance are you charging it when attempting to use your phone. If you are charging and not using a Motorola charger that can happen. If not, no other suggestions

Typed with my Rooted RAZR

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
By chance are you charging it when attempting to use your phone. If you are charging and not using a Motorola charger that can happen. If not, no other suggestions

Typed with my Rooted RAZR

Ditto. Use only the approved charger if you intend to also operate the phone. A great percentage of non-Moto chargers impart interference into the digitizer which causes the erratic response you illustrate. If disconnecting the charger doe not resolve the problem, then you may haves a defective unit.