Droid RAZR broken, cracked screen...Help

mxb15

Reaction score
Hi, last night I unfortunately stepped on my pants pocket, which contained my phone. I heard a crack, and when I looked, I saw the phone's screen has 4 hair-like cracks, as a result.

The phone will turn on, and ring, and notify me when I have new text messages, BUT there is NO display, I can't see anything.

I purchased the phone without any additional contract this past January, and started a new Verizon contact, what is the best way I can replace this phone without spending alot of money? I am in college, and have no money, and my phone is my life.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you can try to tackle the screen roelacement yourself i have done it on tbolt. droid x's and iphone .. it not easy just take time and do it

[video=youtube;78gJRP8NzRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78gJRP8NzRA"]you tube of teardown [/video]

digitizer

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
If you do buy another used phone, I'm pretty sure you can still get about $100 for your broken one (parts).

SallyC

Reaction score
Hi, last night I unfortunately stepped on my pants pocket, which contained my phone. I heard a crack, and when I looked, I saw the phone's screen has 4 hair-like cracks, as a result.

The phone will turn on, and ring, and notify me when I have new text messages, BUT there is NO display, I can't see anything.

I purchased the phone without any additional contract this past January, and started a new Verizon contact, what is the best way I can replace this phone without spending alot of money? I am in college, and have no money, and my phone is my life.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

Oh man, that would be my nightmare! I can't vouch for any of the repair sites below but I did find some that will do it. Unfortunately, I don't think it's cheap.
Another option is to contact Motorola's Service & Repair to see what they charge. Or try it yourself - you might not have much to lose. But I don't know how much just the parts are. I don't think they are exactly inexpensive either.

Sorry and good luck.

OP
M

mxb15

Reaction score
Also, if I get a new phone, how will I get service? since I have a special 4G SIM card...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Also, if I get a new phone, how will I get service? since I have a special 4G SIM card...

You simply remove the SIM card from the phone you have and slip it into the new one. Everything else happens automatically.

OP
M

mxb15

Reaction score
You simply remove the SIM card from the phone you have and slip it into the new one. Everything else happens automatically.

I thought that the Droid RAZR had a special 4G SIM card, it seems bigger then all other cards?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I thought that the Droid RAZR had a special 4G SIM card, it seems bigger then all other cards?

Nope, micro SIM, the smallest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

monkey_man

Reaction score

YOu are right... their sim card is special ... the sim card is the same for all Razr/Maxx but will not match other 4G phones (Verizon's one of course). Sim card on My Bionic was slimmer and abit longer, but you have no worry mate as sim card is free to get at their store :icon_ lala:. Your main worry should be buying cheap stolen phone.

On a side note, if you are tech savvy and know how to fix stuff yourself, then buying those "cheap" razr/maxx would be more beneficial for you ( More parts/price ratio). The motherboard might do you no good, but the rest can help you for future accidents.