Droid Razr bootstrap

mkemvp32

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't double post, I don't know if I did this right the first time. Can anyone tell me where I can get the Razr bootstrap that everyone is using to make backups and eventually flash roms? Could someone please share a link and maybe some install instructions. I'm rooted but don't have a backup yet

OP
M

mkemvp32

Reaction score
74 views and no replies? Com'on guys. I know someone has to have a link

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
There are 74 views and no replies because the thread about the Razr bootstrap is three threads above yours inside the Nitro hacks part. Do some looking around a bit before you start hounding people about not answering you.

OP
M

mkemvp32

Reaction score
There are 74 views and no replies because the thread about the Razr bootstrap is three threads above yours inside the Nitro hacks part. Do some looking around a bit before you start hounding people about not answering you.
Dude, I'm not hounding anyone. No one here is forced to do anything. If someone wants to help, fantastic, if not oh well, there are other ways I guess. This is what the community is here for. So don't tell me that dude....

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well either way, the Razr bootstrap is inside the Nitro section above this post. Has links and instructions I believe, there is also Safestrap as an option which is talked about within the Roms sections also above this post. Check em out and decide which one you want to go with, can't have both.

OP
M

mkemvp32

Reaction score
Thank you, Sydman. I will check it out. Which one are you using?

OP
M

mkemvp32

Reaction score
What is a bootstrap?

I believe it is like an alternate recovery for your phone. It allows you to make backups of your phone and flash custom roms. No over and underclocking though for the time being , i think.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am not using either one right now, but if I had to choose I would go with Safestrap I think. I just did the new update so I am not sure which one of those is ok do use the that. I am not going to worry about Safestrap/Bootstrap until they come out with an SBF so if something goes wrong you have that to fall back on. I used to have Bootstrap on my Droid X and it was great, but then again I also had the SBF.