Droid Razr Battery Life Issues!!! Please Help!

keshanaj

Reaction score
Hello. My Droid Razr's battery is dying too fast. I checked my battery info and Android OS is at 44%. How can I decrease this usage?

Caesars

Reaction score
Have any screenshots? I'm pretty useless for this BUT someone will be along shortly hehe.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hello. My Droid Razr's battery is dying too fast. I checked my battery info and Android OS is at 44%. How can I decrease this usage?
When you say "dying fast" can you be a little more specific...define "too fast" if you can:) Here's a couple of things you can check and do:

--Charge your phone every day by powering off the phone completely and using the provided charger and usb cable. You can go a day without charge, but generally speaking it's good to turn it off and charge it daily...or more often if necessary.
--You mention OS, 44% is not necessarily high...it depends on what you have running (widgets and other apps). Keep in mind that widgets are nice, but some can use a lot of battery and therefore OS time. Check to see what you having running. Do a menu>settings>apps>running apps. That will give you an idea of what is running and consuming OS time. You may find apps running that you have no use for and don't realize they are running.
--If you have a 3rd party "Task Killer" installed that would be the first thing I would uninstall. 3rd Party Task killers seldom do more good that harm.
--If you have apps that require a periodic sync like weather, Facebook, news feeds, email etc then consider changing the frequency that they sync or stop them from automatically syncing and do it manually.
--Things like GPS and Bluetooth use OS time. If you're not actively using them turn them off.

blackterry

Reaction score
I have issues too ever since the ICE upgrade. Phone running extremely hot, twitching screen, very short battery life.. Is there anyway to switch back to the old OS?? ICE isn't worth the battery drain. I used to be amazed by my battery life now it flat out sux.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have issues too ever since the ICE upgrade. Phone running extremely hot, twitching screen, very short battery life.. Is there anyway to switch back to the old OS?? ICE isn't worth the battery drain. I used to be amazed by my battery life now it flat out sux.

Twitching screen... are you using the factory cable and charger??

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
When you say "dying fast" can you be a little more specific...define "too fast" if you can:) Here's a couple of things you can check and do:

--Charge your phone every day by powering off the phone completely and using the provided charger and usb cable. You can go a day without charge, but generally speaking it's good to turn it off and charge it daily...or more often if necessary.
--You mention OS, 44% is not necessarily high...it depends on what you have running (widgets and other apps). Keep in mind that widgets are nice, but some can use a lot of battery and therefore OS time. Check to see what you having running. Do a menu>settings>apps>running apps. That will give you an idea of what is running and consuming OS time. You may find apps running that you have no use for and don't realize they are running.
--If you have a 3rd party "Task Killer" installed that would be the first thing I would uninstall. 3rd Party Task killers seldom do more good that harm.
--If you have apps that require a periodic sync like weather, Facebook, news feeds, email etc then consider changing the frequency that they sync or stop them from automatically syncing and do it manually.
--Things like GPS and Bluetooth use OS time. If you're not actively using them turn them off.

I second what jp said ^^^ and I'm moving this to the battery sub forum :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Now you may also benefit greatly from doing a couple of factory resets, one right after the other.... it helped my battery life greatly. Doing 2 insures a clean wipe of all data, and any run away apps or other programs would be put back to default.

OP
K

keshanaj

Reaction score
Thanks a lot JP!

Thank you for this info. I'll try it and hopefully it helps :).

cubanopete

Reaction score
Let me add yet another sad note regarding the RAZR. I got my RAZR at the end of June before the ICS download. I immediately noticed that my battery would go
from 100% charge to 0% charge even while connected to the A/C charger. After the ICS update things got a bit better and I thought I was over the problem and then this morning I was locked out of cell phone except that I could view the battery icon (the beautiful boot-up battery image) and it was charging starting from 0% once again.

Overnight I turn off WiFi, GPS and almost everything I can think of (without going into AIRPLANE mode) and it happened again early this morning--what a crock. I am so pissed off now. The phone is fantastic but I think the problem lies in the battery saver software. Maybe Motorola engineers can figure this problem out--I hope.