Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX to get Android 4.0/ICS Update Rollout Starting Today!

nkfry

Reaction score
If the OTA is confirmed to be the same as the latest leak (6.12.181), can I instal that leak and remain on Verizon's OTA update path?

Latest leak is 6.12.211, which is what is going into soak.

stam101

Reaction score
From my understanding the ota will be 6.12.211

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

milllllller

Reaction score
Alright, either way, if I were to install that leak, would I be supported for future ota's?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
no ICS OTA in South Eastern PA yet, I also would be surprised that there was no soak for a such a large upgrade but now since Verizon has let the cat out of the bag saying the update starts rolling out 6/22 imho people will not be happy at all if they have to wait 3-4 days (or longer) for the soak to finish and then the OTA be made available to the public

*edit: I just read the news here UPDATE: Android 4.0 ICS News for DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX Owners | The Official Motorola Blog - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA so I guess the mystery of if there is going to be a soak is solved

Verizon was also claiming that 5.9.905 for the Bionic was "available now" before it even soak tested. They have been far from accurate lately.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
If the OTA is confirmed to be the same as the latest leak (6.12.181), can I instal that leak and remain on Verizon's OTA update path?
Your best, safest way to stay on the upgrade path is to return to stock .181, unrooted and take the OTA update to ICS...bottom line safest bet.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
.211 appears to be the OTA but if something happens during the soak or a really bad bug is found then they might release a different build. Then you would be off the upgrade path.

milllllller

Reaction score
soooo.. worth the risk? should I just wait for the OTA? I'm just getting so impatient haha

skipbl92

Reaction score
Is it recommended to be on 4g for this update

5star paintless, we'll remove your dents not you finish®

Well that bites. I only have 4G at work and this whole week 4G has been horrible - losing connection left and right. I only get 3G at home.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Well that bites. I only have 4G at work and this whole week 4G has been horrible - losing connection left and right. I only get 3G at home.
Moto and Verizon recommend WiFi for the update.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
soooo.. worth the risk? should I just wait for the OTA? I'm just getting so impatient haha
I don't know what version software you are on, but if you are on .181 stock then I recommend you stay there for the OTA. There is absolutely no assurance, from anyone, that the OTA will be .211. It might be .211 and it might not be...only Moto or Verizon know for sure.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
Why not?????

Instead of bogging down the servers why don't you just simply turn on your update notification and wait for that then update your phone. You will be instantly notified when ICS is available for you to grab!

nkfry

Reaction score
2 Confirmed update notifications, 1 in Michigan & the other in Indiana. :p

Whitemike358

Reaction score
Ag3nt X said:
Instead of bogging down the servers why don't you just simply turn on your update notification and wait for that then update your phone. You will be instantly notified when ICS is available for you to grab!

It really is a shame that your phone truly is smarter then you are.

How exactly do you do that, I can't find that in settings