Droid Razr Activation

krazr

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just received my razr in the mail. Is there a time that we are supposed to wait until we can activate it? Thanks!

golfnrunr

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just received my razr in the mail. Is there a time that we are supposed to wait until we can activate it? Thanks!

Really? You could wait until you stop jumping up and down with excitement!

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
You can activate it as soon as you pull the battery on your old one if you're upgrading. Charge it fully, install Sim card, and follow the included instructions.:)

OP
K

krazr

Reaction score
i think the problem is I am transfering from t-mobile and my old number is getting ported. I followed the directions and let it charge and inserted the sim card but whenever i turn it on it says it needs to be activated before i can use it.

adm793

Reaction score
The port shouldn't matter, they should have set you up with a temp number until the port is complete (at least this is what they did in the past). Call the 800 number (in the paperwork) if you are unsure. My Razr would not activate following the instructions. I had to call the 800 and follow the prompts (2-3 mins) and then reset the phone and try again. It then took 3-4 minutes to activate.

OP
K

krazr

Reaction score
I called verizon and they dont know what the issue is, they said to just call tomorrow..... Dang it sucks not being able to use my new Razr :(

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple other people that were unable to activate and said they couldn't until tomorrow... seems silly.

OP
K

krazr

Reaction score
I called verizon last night and they said to call tommorow because they arnt allowed to help me because it wasnt out yet. I called today and they cant figure out why its not working. They told me to drive to a place 40 mins away from my house to see if they can fix it. :(

fauxreall

Reaction score
Only problem I had was I had to do the 877 phone number activation and then activate it again via the phone. not quite sure why both but yeah.

RedTarget

Reaction score
My activation was a little weird as well. I followed the steps to call the 877 number where the automated system wasn't working. Transferred me to a rep who then conferenced in the automated activation system, where she then forced it to go through. Could have been due to receiving it yesterday as the rep was almost shocked I had already gotten it.