Droid Razor Maxx Android Update

Win7User

Reaction score
I have a Droid Razor Maxx XT907. This past week there was a software update. I do not like it for several reasons. I have done a Factory Reset and all it did was bring back the same. I want to go back to what I had when I purchased the phone. Is there any way? I talked to Verizon and the first person said yes there was but she transferred me to higher level support. I waited and got someone and told them and they said there was no way what so ever they could take it back We talked for a few minutes and she did say "You could probably find a way if you Google it" I was hoping someone could help. I have had the phone almost a year. It was 7-5-13 when I got it.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

You will need to locate and install the OS that came with your phone. If VZ will not supply it you will need to search Google for it.

NOVICE

Reaction score
The most obvious solution is to root your phone. And I ain't an expert on that except to remind you that any warranty would likely be voided.

I'm seriously thinking of going the root method after encountering KitKat. But lacking the expertise I'll probably have to hire someone to do the job. And I don't care how easy it is.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Welcome to the Forum.

You will need to locate and install the OS that came with your phone. If VZ will not supply it you will need to search Google for it.

this will not work unless the phone has an unlocked bootloader, i doubt this user has done that or they would likely know how to fix the problem.

@win7user do not flash back to a previous version, your phone will bootloop at the very least and brick at worst.
with a locked bootloader you can not go back from an update by any means.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
The most obvious solution is to root your phone. And I ain't an expert on that except to remind you that any warranty would likely be voided.

I'm seriously thinking of going the root method after encountering KitKat. But lacking the expertise I'll probably have to hire someone to do the job. And I don't care how easy it is.

unlikely you can fix any of the KK problems by rooting, and since there is no root for locked users on KK, you dont have that option anyways.

NOVICE

Reaction score
unlikely you can fix any of the KK problems by rooting, and since there is no root for locked users on KK, you dont have that option anyways.

You are correct. Which means that the problems with KitKat suck doubly.

Shawte

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep a phone (Razr Maxx HD, 4.1.2) from updating to KK ?? I mean aside from constantly hitting the 'Update Later' tab when it appears.

P

promo87

I have a Droid Razor Maxx XT907. This past week there was a software update. I do not like it for several reasons. I have done a Factory Reset and all it did was bring back the same. I want to go back to what I had when I purchased the phone. Is there any way? I talked to Verizon and the first person said yes there was but she transferred me to higher level support. I waited and got someone and told them and they said there was no way what so ever they could take it back We talked for a few minutes and she did say "You could probably find a way if you Google it" I was hoping someone could help. I have had the phone almost a year. It was 7-5-13 when I got it.

Well, as far as I know, there isn't any option to get back to the lower version i.e. if you have updated your device from lower version to higher one, then you can't downgrade i.e. higher to lower... !! Try talking with the Verizon support again they might have some tricks to do that.... but if you ask me then I don't think its possible !:confused:

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Is there a way to keep a phone (Razr Maxx HD, 4.1.2) from updating to KK ?? I mean aside from constantly hitting the 'Update Later' tab when it appears.

sorry no one replied to this sooner.
you would need to root, then freeze or rename the updater app in system/apps