Droid randomly power cycling

jus10snidr35

Reaction score
My droid has just started this new trend where it will randomly just power cycle around every hour-ish. The only thing different that I can think of that I have done lately was I downloaded the new dolphin HD browser and also the juice plotter app to check it out but my droid had never done this till a few days after I started running these apps. Any one know if it could be a problem with one of the apps I am running that I should uninstall or is it with my phone?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My droid has just started this new trend where it will randomly just power cycle around every hour-ish. The only thing different that I can think of that I have done lately was I downloaded the new dolphin HD browser and also the juice plotter app to check it out but my droid had never done this till a few days after I started running these apps. Any one know if it could be a problem with one of the apps I am running that I should uninstall or is it with my phone?

It's probably the apps. First, if you have any task killer, get rid of it. Next you can try a 30 second battery pull, I'm doubtful that will help much but if getting rid of the task killer doesn't work try that. And if that doesn't work do a factory data reset out of your privacy section. All your apps, paid and unpaid will be in your download section when you sign back in. Run it for a few hours and if you have no resets you know it was an app. Start adding them back in until you find the bad boy.

OP
J

jus10snidr35

Reaction score
I have Advanced Task Killer the paid version, so I should get rid of it if the problem continues? What should I do for a task killer? or should I just forget it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have Advanced Task Killer the paid version, so I should get rid of it if the problem continues? What should I do for a task killer? or should I just forget it?

Forget it. You really don't need it. Droid can manage it's memory just fine, it my be interference by the task killer that's causing the issue. Dump it.

yoyo814

Reaction score
I've had this happen to me often as well. It always turns out to be an app. I wish I could tell you which one, but I usually just flash a new ROM to my phone when it happens. And as stated already, if you open up the market and go to downloads after re activating, you'll have your download list and just have to redownload everything.

There were a few times when I reflashed that I just let me phone sit for a few hours after reactivating it and it automatically redownloaded all my apps, but it only happened a few times like I said, and I've done this probably 10 times now.

For the task killer issue, if you use advanced task killer with the available widget, then open the program up initially, select what programs to add to your ignore list ( DON'T IGNORE THE TASK KILLER PROGRAM, YOU WANT IT TO CLOSE) and then place a widget on your home screen. This will automatically kill all tasks on a click without have the full program loaded into memory at all times. It will essentially open it self up, kill all tasks, including itself, and close out without you seeing a thing.

The funny thing is, this problem had disappeared for me for almost 3 months and just started again a week ago, so I flashed once again. We'll see how it goes this time.