Droid: R.I.P.

taward09

Reaction score
So this morning on my way to class, I decided to listen to some music. After finding my song, I proceeded to put the phone beside me. After a few seconds I looked down to see it in my cup of water, upside down. The screen is dead, and so is my OG Droid. What a tragedy...:icon_ owned:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the second one of these threads in the past two weeks - so sad - hopefully it was insured and they can offer you a suitable replacement

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As yet another Droid passes we want to take a moment and remember all those that have died in this horrible way... Thats too bad though hope it was insured.
Insurance = a Clone or possibly an upgrade.:)

Last edited:
OP
T

taward09

Reaction score
So, obviously, as any smart Android user would, I have my phone rooted and ROM'd. Should I go through the trouble of flashing the SBF and unrooting even though my screen has yet to come on? There's really no way they can tell, is there? Most Verizon employees use Blackberrys anyway.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does insurance cover water damage?
Insurance covers anything - and I don't know if Assurion cares if your phone is rooted, as I said - insurance covers everything...now for warranty purposes concerning VZW and Moto - it makes all the difference, but this is no warranty issue

OP
T

taward09

Reaction score
Insurance covers anything - and I don't know if Assurion cares if your phone is rooted, as I said - insurance covers everything...now for warranty purposes concerning VZW and Moto - it makes all the difference, but this is no warranty issue

Suddenly I feel hopeful! As much as I love my Droid, a Droid 2 would be pretty cool. Most people that get replacements for their Droids these days end up getting a 2, right? 1ghz stock apposed to 1ghz overclocked sounds like a good thing.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
no, but it does cover theft.... dancedroid ..... not that THAT has anything to do with this thread.... just letting people know if their phone is stolen, it's covered.

Sorry about your phone

HDTVsportsfan

Super Moderator
Reaction score
no, but it does cover theft.... dancedroid ..... not that THAT has anything to do with this thread.... just letting people know if their phone is stolen, it's covered.

Sorry about your phone

That wasn't to obvious now was it. :rolleyes:

This seems like a good time to make sure everyone here knows DF does not condone insurance fraud. So lets not even think about it. ;)

C

cdexsw

insurance covers ANYTHING!!! cause or damage does not matter. call, make a claim, they send new phone, you send back your. whola!! simple.

sorry for your loss. :-(

Reaction score
With all these threads like this popping up, I think I am going to start selling inflatable life jackets for the Droid.

xmguy

Reaction score

Suddenly I feel hopeful! As much as I love my Droid, a Droid 2 would be pretty cool. Most people that get replacements for their Droids these days end up getting a 2, right? 1ghz stock apposed to 1ghz overclocked sounds like a good thing.

Not necessarily. I was sent a Droid 2 FRU for my Droid 1. But I begged the rep many times to see if there was ANY way to get a NEW Droid 1. Their wasn't :(. The Droid 2 is ok IMHO. Just to me after having the Droid 1 and being spoiled by it's ALL metal design and going the the 2 feels like a Downgrade to me.

OP
T

taward09

Reaction score
Good news. I dropped by the Verizon store and asked about my insurance. Luckily, I've got it.

As great as that is, I'm torn. On one hand, I've got a friend of a friend that's looking to sell his OG Droid for $75-$100, OR I can file a claim and get a replacement (which could be a Droid 1 or 2) for $89.

I need some help deciding. Influence me.