Droid Questions ...

Rindaen

Reaction score
Second post to this forum and before i start i would like to say this site appears to be a friendly site. I have done some searching about Android and the Droid X,but still have a couple questions.

My Current phone is an iPhone 3G and use that for Pop mail, Syncing to OSX for contacts, few notes here and there. Some internet browsing since work decided to block all gaming sites, but left firearm sites open to view.

My wife thinking of switching to Verizon and if Im going to switch i want the best phone i can get at that time. Droid X appears to be that phone.

Does the Droid OS sync with outlook and or OS X Contacts?
My wife hasnt used a smart phone before and I don't want to have to show her everything. is the Android OS fairly easy to learn?

I see that Flash work's on the Droid , Does it also support HTML5 ?

We have 2 PC's and 1 MacBook Pro in the house and being able to use either OS to sync would be a bonus.

Will continue my searching, Just didn't see answers to the above questions.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Android 2.0 Platform Highlights | Android Developers
search page for "html 5" ...short answer is yes and we're coming up on android 2.2 real soon for the Droid.

I'm not a mac guy, so does this help with syncing contacts? Sync Google Contacts easily from Mac OS X 10.5.3 | mobile technology

It does sync with Outlook and gmail contacts and the OS has a slight learning curve but after an hour you're doing well. Mostly things like long-presses on the screen and how to drag things around.

Welcome to the forums here. You're doing your homework...you'll do fine!

OP
R

Rindaen

Reaction score
HI,

Thanks for the quick response, so much to search and read its hard to find the right link at times. opening that link now.

Looking forward to a new toy if we make the switch to Verizon :)

OP
R

Rindaen

Reaction score
Hi Again,

So everything I am seeing on the net is that I must have the contacts in Gmail to sync to the Droid. Really hoping thats not right.

Wont go into why , But i can only store my contacts on the PC and Phone , Not in a Gmail account.

Might need to make a trip to the Verizon store to confirm it will integrate with my laptop before the purchase.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Hi Again,

So everything I am seeing on the net is that I must have the contacts in Gmail to sync to the Droid. Really hoping thats not right.

Wont go into why , But i can only store my contacts on the PC and Phone , Not in a Gmail account.

Might need to make a trip to the Verizon store to confirm it will integrate with my laptop before the purchase.

I'd bet a few paychecks there'll be a way to import them onto the Droid X from an Outlook 2007 export file...