droid question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by zeldorh, Oct 5, 2010.

1. zeldorh

zeldorh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok so im trying to add an animation that i made to the start up to my droid
    1. ok so i have ASTRO got it from the market i can see all files on sd card and everything .
    2. i tryed to delete the boot file and it said error deleating file or it says not right permisions...... how do i get around this and put in my new file ??? thanks for the help guys dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    In order to do it the way you are going about it, you will need root permissions. I believe the only way to do this without rooting the phone is using adb to push it to data/local .

3. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    You will need root to change the boot animation. DO NOT DELETE the original boot animation. In fact, do not delete ANYTHING!!!!! Rename it, or your next post will be "Help me, I bricked my droid!!!" And the first reply will be "No, you didnt."

Make a back up (nandroid), THEN rename the file, and reboot. If it boot loops on you, restore the working nandroid back up.
    Anyway, the phone looks for the boot animation in /data/local first. If there is no boot animation in data/local, the phone will then look in /system