DROID Question

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Ok Im not sure what to believe but I wanted to know if I'll be ok to receive the FROYO update this week? I have SPRecovery installed but DID NOT root.I was honestly thinking of doing so until I heard that 2.2 is being pushed out this week.Will I still be able to update my phone even though I have SPRecovery installed and not Rooted?

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Yes, you will still be able to install Android 2.2 (Froyo) on your device; if not over-the-air, than there's always manually.

OP
DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Thank you!
Im still thinking of ROOTING but figured Id wait and see how I like stock 2.2 FROYO.
I do have another question though...
If I wanted to get SPRecovery off my phone and back to the stock recovery can I do so?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you get the update over the air you will have to tell SPRecovery to install it. Otherwise ii will block it. Beyond that you will have no problem.

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Yes, you can remove SPRecovery whenever you want to; just flash a 2.0.1 .sbf image using RSD Lite.

If you want more detail/explanation, let me know.

OP
DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Please Id love to Flash back and then reinstall 2.1 lol..I already have sbf on my PC but where would I find the file to flash back?

OP
DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
I need to uninstall SPRecovery and go back to stock Im not rooted....Just need to know where to find the file to do this? I need to flash back to 2.0.1

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I need to uninstall SPRecovery and go back to stock Im not rooted....Just need to know where to find the file to do this? I need to flash back to 2.0.1

In that link you'd use rsdlite, which you used to install sprecovery, and flash the 2.01 stock file. That will put the stock recovery tool back into place. Then you should be able to update to 2.1 automatically. Though at the moment some are reporting problems with the OTA and are manually applying the 2.1 update instead.

If its needed, its applied as an update.zip file in the root of your sdcard once on 2.01 stock.
2.1 OTA manual update file

Last edited:
OP
DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Ok now just flash it with RSD Lite? and I'll be good?
Then after it reboots go to check for updates on my DROID and install 2.1?

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Yes, but you might have to update to 2.1 manually, as some users have reported not receiving the update over-the-air.

Check this out:
Code:
http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/03/31/how-to-manually-update-your-verizon-droid-to-android-2-1/

OP
DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Say I leave SPRecovery installed how do I tell it to install it when it ready for download if it wont let me do so if it wasnt installed? Ive been told it will let me accept the update because Im not ROOTED. Then Im hearing it wont unless I uninstall SPRecovery..

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You don't need to UNINSTALL SPRecovery, just boot in recovery mode, select "install" and then tell it to allow update.zip installation, install update.zip, and then let the phone reboot.

Then wait. And wait. And wait. And then it'll boot fine.