1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Question

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by lpetters, Jan 27, 2010.

1. lpetters

lpetters New Member

Hey guys i have two questions.

1st. Is there anyway you can set the droid to auto unlock when i get a text? so i don't have to push the power button and manually unlock each time.

2nd. I know how to transfer apps. to different folders but how do you remove them from the desktop or main app. screen once you have transferred them to a folder?

thanks,
    Landon
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

1. Handcent SMS has a Pop-Up feature that will do just what you're looking for.

2. Long press on the icon, then drag it to the app drawer and wait for it to turn into a trash can, then drop it. Presto it's gone :)
  3. lpetters

lpetters New Member

thanks for the help, I figured out my first problem but I still can't delete an app from my drag up menu? I can delete them from the desktop no problem but they just reappear on the drag down menu
  4. anuraj1

anuraj1 New Member

Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>choose the application you want to uninstall and then hit the uninstall button.
  5. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Note that you cannot uninstall apps which came with the phone unless you are rooted.
  6. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

I don't think he's wanting to uninstall them. I think he just wants the app's icon removed from the slide up menu. Not sure if there's a way to do that...
  7. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Not without uninstalling them as far as I know. Maybe one of the home replacement apps. Have never tried one.