Droid Question

lpetters

Reaction score
Hey guys i have two questions.

1st. Is there anyway you can set the droid to auto unlock when i get a text? so i don't have to push the power button and manually unlock each time.

2nd. I know how to transfer apps. to different folders but how do you remove them from the desktop or main app. screen once you have transferred them to a folder?

thanks,
Landon

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1. Handcent SMS has a Pop-Up feature that will do just what you're looking for.

2. Long press on the icon, then drag it to the app drawer and wait for it to turn into a trash can, then drop it. Presto it's gone :)

OP
L

lpetters

Reaction score
thanks for the help, I figured out my first problem but I still can't delete an app from my drag up menu? I can delete them from the desktop no problem but they just reappear on the drag down menu

anuraj1

Reaction score
Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>choose the application you want to uninstall and then hit the uninstall button.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Note that you cannot uninstall apps which came with the phone unless you are rooted.

ShowTime

Reaction score
I don't think he's wanting to uninstall them. I think he just wants the app's icon removed from the slide up menu. Not sure if there's a way to do that...

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I don't think he's wanting to uninstall them. I think he just wants the app's icon removed from the slide up menu. Not sure if there's a way to do that...

Not without uninstalling them as far as I know. Maybe one of the home replacement apps. Have never tried one.