Droid question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Ryan m, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Ryan m

Ryan m New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok this mite be a stupid question but I have a dx and its rooted romed and all that good stuff but I recently came across a new/factory referb d1 my question is regarding sbf's I know on the ex you could not go backwards because of the locked bootloader does that mean since the bootloader is not locked on the d1 that I could flash 2.2 from 2.2.1? I apologize if this has already been stated. Like I said I am new to the d1, dx was my first android

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    :welcome: ryan. The only REAL stupid question is the one not asked. Or asked without enough info provided in the first place, lol.

Yes, the A855 Droid 1 has a totally unlocked bootloader, you can flash it back to the 2.0/ESD20 firmware if you wanted to via RSD Lite 4.6 and the proper .sbf file no matter _what_ firmware it shipped with. Although it doesn't have as impressive of hardware as the Droid X, you will find that it is (as some say) practically un-brickable and the options you have for hacking it are limitless (and a lot less picky) as opposed to the Droid X.

But before you do that, why not post a question as to why you feel you need to do that? I'm not a big fan of 'having' to use RSD Lite to flash full .sbf files since there's usually SO MANY other ways to get things done to the Droid 1 without dealing with the finickyness of using a full .sbf file with RSD Lite.

good luck

3. Ryan m

Ryan m New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No I don't want/need to do it. I just wanted to make sure that it was possable incase I ever needed to. That is awesome tho, thank you so much for the info. Im use to the x with its locked bootloader and always tried to have a sbf handy as a safety net since its so picky with sbf's. knowing that the d1 is not is great.. I knew buying it was a good idea and honesty with BB 0.6 the thought of switching back to the x hasn't even crossed my mind.

Thanks again for the info

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    No prob. I've got quite a collection of files in my sig if you need. There's no explanation of what they are though, so you kind of have to know what you're looking for/at.

Search tags for this page

a855 bootloader unlock