1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Ryan m, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Ryan m

Ryan m New Member

Ok this mite be a stupid question but I have a dx and its rooted romed and all that good stuff but I recently came across a new/factory referb d1 my question is regarding sbf's I know on the ex you could not go backwards because of the locked bootloader does that mean since the bootloader is not locked on the d1 that I could flash 2.2 from 2.2.1? I apologize if this has already been stated. Like I said I am new to the d1, dx was my first android

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

:welcome: ryan. The only REAL stupid question is the one not asked. Or asked without enough info provided in the first place, lol.

Yes, the A855 Droid 1 has a totally unlocked bootloader, you can flash it back to the 2.0/ESD20 firmware if you wanted to via RSD Lite 4.6 and the proper .sbf file no matter _what_ firmware it shipped with. Although it doesn't have as impressive of hardware as the Droid X, you will find that it is (as some say) practically un-brickable and the options you have for hacking it are limitless (and a lot less picky) as opposed to the Droid X.

But before you do that, why not post a question as to why you feel you need to do that? I'm not a big fan of 'having' to use RSD Lite to flash full .sbf files since there's usually SO MANY other ways to get things done to the Droid 1 without dealing with the finickyness of using a full .sbf file with RSD Lite.

good luck
  3. Ryan m

Ryan m New Member

No I don't want/need to do it. I just wanted to make sure that it was possable incase I ever needed to. That is awesome tho, thank you so much for the info. Im use to the x with its locked bootloader and always tried to have a sbf handy as a safety net since its so picky with sbf's. knowing that the d1 is not is great.. I knew buying it was a good idea and honesty with BB 0.6 the thought of switching back to the x hasn't even crossed my mind.

Thanks again for the info

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

No prob. I've got quite a collection of files in my sig if you need. There's no explanation of what they are though, so you kind of have to know what you're looking for/at.
Search tags for this page

a855 bootloader unlock