Droid Problems

amsilva81

Reaction score
So my droid has been shutting down and resetting itself for awhile. Thinking it was just a software issue I have let it pass. Now it stopped receiving incoming calls. This is a big problem in my world I's sure yours as well. Please let me know if you have been able to fix these problems.

Thanks,

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So my droid has been shutting down and resetting itself for awhile. Thinking it was just a software issue I have let it pass. Now it stopped receiving incoming calls. This is a big problem in my world I's sure yours as well. Please let me know if you have been able to fix these problems.

Thanks,

Not normal behavior, that's for sure. Usually when somebody is having an issue like this the advice seems to be to do a factory reset and see how it performs without the apps in it. If it works fine without the apps then you probably have a bad app in it. You can add your apps back in one at a time to see if you can find the problem. If it doesn't work after you do the reset then it's time for a warranty replacement.

OP
A

amsilva81

Reaction score
Hook,

Thanks for the info I will do the factory reset tonight after I take all the pics off the phone. I will post the results tomorrow in case anyone else is having these issues.

OP
A

amsilva81

Reaction score
Well last night I tried a factory reset and the phone is still not working. Also now it is not beeping when a text message comes in. It is really weird I can see the 3g icon flash when I make a call to the phone and I notice that it does show in the call history. Starting to think it is time to take the phone in unless anyone has any ideas.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well last night I tried a factory reset and the phone is still not working. Also now it is not beeping when a text message comes in. It is really weird I can see the 3g icon flash when I make a call to the phone and I notice that it does show in the call history. Starting to think it is time to take the phone in unless anyone has any ideas.

I say take it back. It's not performing right and you gave it a chance. Let's see how the next one works. If we still have the same problems then maybe we need to look at other factors. Although to be honest if your apps weren't installed I don't know what it could be.

Silver Member
Reaction score
when you do a factory reset, all of your personal settings are wiped out. however, your apps will download again.

search the forums for safe mode and try that to see if it resolves your issue. if it does, you have an app interfering wtih how your phone operates. if it doesn't, you may need to take it back.

post back here with your results and we'll help you with next steps.