Droid problems with default news and weather app

zappadragon

Reaction score
OK so now when I try the default app for news and weather it says sorry network error. Please try again later. But when I put it in the dock the weather comes up just fine. My droid is starting to drive me crazy.... Please help

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
OK so now when I try the default app for news and weather it says sorry network error. Please try again later. But when I put it in the dock the weather comes up just fine. My droid is starting to drive me crazy.... Please help

Mine doesn't even work in the media dock. I actually used this widget alot. Kinda pisses me off tbh.

OP
Z

zappadragon

Reaction score

Mine doesn't even work in the media dock. I actually used this widget alot. Kinda pisses me off tbh.

I guess its a bigger issue http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/52479-news-weather-widget-problem-server-issue.html

jaed569

Reaction score
Are you on Froyo? I've been having the same issue and wasn't able to resolve it.

I downgraded to 2.1 and it works perfectly now.

OP
Z

zappadragon

Reaction score
Are you on Froyo? I've been having the same issue and wasn't able to resolve it.

Not sure what Froyo is but I am at Firmware 2.1-update1 if that helps

BigOldBear

Reaction score
I dumped it

Being that it could never - ever - work, after about two weeks, I dumped the icon and program. There are much better apps out there - THAT WORK.dancedroid

owlclaw

Reaction score
There was a problem w/ the source servers being attacked earlier this week. Looks like the problem is now resolved.

chops

Reaction score
does anyone have a problem with the news widget never updating i have to click on it to update. i have the options to update every 3 hours

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
There was a problem w/ the source servers being attacked earlier this week. Looks like the problem is now resolved.
Yeah I don't know if its fixed on froyo because I'm back on BB PV1.1. It does look like its at least connecting to the servers but mine doesn't update and I have to refresh whenever I want to see updated news.

Sent from my Droid

blastfemur

Reaction score
Downgrade?

I'm curious how you 'downgrade'. I called Verizon and they were not helpful. The first was a reseller and wanted to know "What happened to my phone? Why is it so slow?" I told HIM what I discovered about the task managers and how the functionality had changed and was not killing all services associated with the process they were killing.
Then I talked to a Verizon tech, HE sent me a link on how to "downgrade" via rooting my phone!?!? *SIGH*
I supposed I'll just visit a store, but I'd love it if there were an easier, more convenient way.
And yes - I found this posting trying to find out why, when docked or suspended, I kept getting 'News and Weather [process com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget] has stopped unexpectedly.' ... REPEATEDLY after I upgraded to 2.2.
Overall - not in the least BIT impressed with this upgrade! It's horrid! Battery life is more than halved due to too many process, services running in the background that USED to be killed automatically by the 3rd party task managers.
"Native Task Manager" ... ?
BLAH!
I think they shouldn't have pushed a beta version of the new OS onto us.

*rant conclude* ...
I just wanna know how to downgrade!!