Droid problem

cdprato

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid, stock, nothing fancy. Verizon provider.

The phone stopped receiving or making calls or texts about 3 hours ago. I talked to a friend who said a factory reset should fix it. I did that, and now it wants me to re-activate the phone, but the call won't go through to activate it. :icon_evil:

There isn't a Verizon store within 7 miles of me, and I have no car to get to one (just got back from overseas). So I would prefer to be able to do this in house.

Can ANYONE tell me how to get my phone to start making calls again?

Thanks in advance

joeybarclay

Reaction score
If you go to Verizon website I believe they have an area to activate your phone.

C

cdexsw

you can always call vzw sales/tech support @ 611 on your droid. this works for activated/non-activated phones.

C

cdexsw

I have a Motorola Droid, stock, nothing fancy. Verizon provider.
The phone stopped receiving or making calls or texts
droids just dont stop sending/recieving call & texts for no reason.
I talked to a friend who said a factory reset should fix it. I did that, and now it wants me to re-activate the phone
how did you perform the reset? i believe there are 3 types of resets you can perform on your droid.

1] soft reset - press and hold left shift, left alt and del keys. this just reboots the device.
or
2] software reset - Settings, Privacy, Factory data reset. which does not always solve a devices problems.
or
3] hard reset - {A} Turn the Droid off. If it won’t turn off, take the battery out then place it back in. {B} With your Motorola Droid still powered "Off," slide open the keyboard. {C} press and hold the "X" button on the keyboard while pressing the "Power/Unlock" button, Continue holding down the buttons until a yellow triangle "Warning Sign" appears on the screen. {D} Once the yellow warning sign appears, press the physical "Volume UP" and "Camera" buttons simultaneously until a new menu appears. This may take several attempts before success. {E} From the new menu that appears on-screen, go down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option using the Directional-Pad next to the keyboard, and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad to confirm. {F} Scroll down to the "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad once more.

That's it! When your Motorola Droid is done wiping all saved applications, information, and settings, your device will be back to the factory settings like the day you bought it.