Droid Probelms

EthanB

Reaction score
Well on sunday morning my motorola droid was working fine and then an error message started showing up. It says "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. After this message appeared I never received another text message. The error message pops up constantly. I went to verizon they looked at it and sent me a new droid. I activated my new one and the error message as soon as i activated it. Took it back to verizon today and the guy said to clear the SD card. I cleared the card restarted my phone and reactivated it. Error message still comes up. Went back and the guy said he would just have to order me another one. I told him I had saw where other droid owners were being upgraded to droid 2's and he said that isnt possible and its a lie.. So anyone have any insight to whats going on?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well on sunday morning my motorola droid was working fine and then an error message started showing up. It says "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. After this message appeared I never received another text message. The error message pops up constantly. I went to verizon they looked at it and sent me a new droid. I activated my new one and the error message as soon as i activated it. Took it back to verizon today and the guy said to clear the SD card. I cleared the card restarted my phone and reactivated it. Error message still comes up. Went back and the guy said he would just have to order me another one. I told him I had saw where other droid owners were being upgraded to droid 2's and he said that isnt possible and its a lie.. So anyone have any insight to whats going on?

You are entitled to the replacement of your Droid if it malfunctions. You're not entitled to a Droid 2 unless you want to pay for it.

There was a time when they had no Droids available and they gave out some D2's for replacements. Doesn't mean you are entitled to one because some others got lucky.

I don't know why they had you format your SD card, that doesn't make a lot of sense. If the next Droid does the same thing as soon as you activate it then there has to be another issue. I would not go back to the Verizon store you're going to, obviously they are not helping you much. Call customer service and tell them about it. You MIGHT get lucky and find someone who will give you a D2 at that point but I wouldn't bet on it. More then likely you will get better technical support then what you are currently getting.

OP
E

EthanB

Reaction score

You are entitled to the replacement of your Droid if it malfunctions. You're not entitled to a Droid 2 unless you want to pay for it.

There was a time when they had no Droids available and they gave out some D2's for replacements. Doesn't mean you are entitled to one because some others got lucky.

I don't know why they had you format your SD card, that doesn't make a lot of sense. If the next Droid does the same thing as soon as you activate it then there has to be another issue. I would not go back to the Verizon store you're going to, obviously they are not helping you much. Call customer service and tell them about it. You MIGHT get lucky and find someone who will give you a D2 at that point but I wouldn't bet on it. More then likely you will get better technical support then what you are currently getting.

He said he thought there might be something in a file on my SD card so thats why he had me do that. Im expecting the same results with the next one so I will be calling customer service. Thanks for the help! (and sorry for the cross post)