Droid Pro vibrates every time I click something?

theflash25

Reaction score
How do I turn this off? I tried turning off the haptic feedback thing and it still vibrates...

google123

Reaction score
How do I turn this off? I tried turning off the haptic feedback thing and it still vibrates...

Are you on Froyo? IIRC, in Froyo, even turning off the haptic feedback doesn't disable it completely. On, GB, I believe, when you disable haptic, it actually turns it all off except for a few things like the vibrate when you turn the phone off. I also know that on some custome ROMs, CM7 for example, you can disable haptic completely. Not sure if there is an app that can be used to completely disable it on Froyo.

I used to hate it at first but when I installed GB and completely disabled it, I actually re-enabled it after a couple of hours. LOL

OP
T

theflash25

Reaction score
I have a Droid Pro and I have no idea what Froyo means lol. I think I'll learn to live with it though haha.

google123

Reaction score
Froyo is Android Operating System version 2.2. That's the OS version the Pro shipped with. From the home screen, press menu>settings>about phone. Look for system version. If its 2.2, then I don't think you will be able to completely disable the haptic unless you happen to find an app in the market somewhere that can disable it.

Also, there is a setting in the keyboard settings that can be used to enable/disable haptic. From home screen press menu>settings>language & keyboard, then check the settings for the keyboard that you have enabled. There is usually an option to disable vibrate and/or sounds. Disabling this *SHOULD, maybe* disable haptic for just about everything except for the dialer app.

Last edited: