Droid pro unveiled!!!!!!!

blueeyezintexas

Reaction score
Moto Droid Pro

I don't understand why everyone has an issue with this device. It's Android !! For me, a former BB user, and current, HTC DI user, I am very excited to be offered a device that has the best of both...How is that a step backwards? Motorola/Verizon obviously listened to their customer's.
As with all Android devices, from all Manufacturer's, on all carrier's we have a choice. That's part of the allure toward Android devices is your ability to pick and choose a unit that actually has what u need and want, with the ability to truly customize your device without limitation. Attach that to the Awesomeness of Android and it's a Win for DROID user's. So maybe Droid Pro isn't your cup of tea. Maybe you wont give it a try. And maybe it IS a stab at BB to lure their customers to Android, So what...in my mind it's Fabulousness :icon_ banana:
And I just got off the phone with Verizon to confirm everything I've read regarding, pre-sale, pre-order, shipping, price, data plans, etc., and will be online in the morning to get mine. As an Android user I am a strong advocate for Droid's. I support the devices and appreciate it's advanced technology that leaves the competitors in the dust, ie: (iphone, BB) etc. Let's stick together. Let's not be like all the other device user's who trash each other. The Droid community is unique, to all the rest because, to date we have supported each other. Can't we keep it that way, just saying :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think people are not understanding that this device is targeted to a whole other market segment. The Business/ Blackberry users. Which, as we know, has a HUGE demographic.

This is a great move for Motorola. People that buy this phone are not looking to root, ROM and Theme it : )

Sent from my Droid

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every time I pop in here to chime in, CK has already said basically what I was gonna.

I give up :hail:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm with CK. Don't give up, Martin!

And I'm with him again. I don't like the phone, personally, but for people used to the CrackBerries this is a GREAT move. It opens up Android in a non-threatening way.

It has to fit the hand better than the Torch, and I have big hands!

StingRay

Reaction score
Agree with blueeyez on this one... not getting why people feel the need to bag on the "look " of this phone... Obviously motorola saw that there was a market for this form factor or they wouldn't have made it... and how many times can you remake another large touchscreen phone?

believe it or not there are those of us that actually use our phones for more than watching videos, surfing the web or listening to music.. I'll be taking a long look at this when my one year is up later in the month..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

andoano

Reaction score
I like it... but

The droid pro is great. It gives business professionals the ability to have the best of both worlds. A phone that gives you everything the blackberry did. And it's a phone that gives you the benifits and features of the droid. The keyboard is great! Better than the blackberry and obviously better than the droid 2 slideout keyboard. I just got this phone and am not liking how it connects with Microsoft Outlook. Anyone have any good suggestions on how to connect/sync my microsoft office calendar and contacts??? First time forum user...

kgumbiner

Reaction score
Former BB user

I don't understand the unsupported criticism of the Droid Pro. I have been a BB user for about 4 years and the Droid Pro is wonderful. It is syncing to our office enterprise server, is faster and much more flexible. I got it Friday and, admittedly, there was a learning curve but i am about 80% there.

Again, I have everything the BB has but better and more. So, again, I don't get it.

eus107709

Reaction score
Whoooaaa there.. better than Blackberry keyboard? I really despise Blackberrys, but I will say their hardware keyboards are in a league of their own. Their key presses are soft but offer just the right amount of clickiness. While I think the Droid Pro keyboard is good, the keys are a bit too firm and definitely too close together (as reported by many). An admirable effort by Motorola..perhaps next time they'll nail it.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

andoano

Reaction score
Droid Pro

I can sync my outlook e-mail with no problems using my company's exchange server. However, it seems I cannot sync my outlook contacts and calendar with out linking it to Gmail first. I'm wanting to keep my gmail contacts and calendar separate from my outlook contacts and calendar... anyone know how to do this?

This is my second time using a forum and am most likely asking this question in the wrong place, but was hoping someone might know of a solution to my issue. :icon_eek: help

I did download 14 day free trial of DejaOffice, and it seems to work great. But wanted to know if the Droid Pro can do this without having to pay for an outside application??? If this is not possible, then this would be one BIG complaint I have with the Droid Pro... None the less, I still do love this phone and still prefer it over anything else I've seen on the market.

And in response to eus107709: yeah, I think you're right about the keyboard sensitivity being perfect on the blackberry and a bit better than the droid pro... However, I love that the Droid Pro doesn't make you press a shift button to input a "@" or "." symbol when typing out an e-mail address. Plus the contoured keys help a lot with accuracy... at least they help me.