Droid Pro Tips <--- Post Here

M.J.H.

Reaction score
How to disable the camera shutter sound:

1. Install Root Explorer (use caution, don't delete important system files!)
2. Go to system/media/audio/ui
3. Rename camera_click.ogg to camera_click.bak (in case you want it back)
4. In Root Explorer, MENU -> CREATE NEW FILE -> name it camera_click.ogg (empty sound file)

Okay, #1 this did not work for me. Any suggestions? I could not find the app "Root Explorer" so instead I used Files and went to the UI folder but could not find the file that you're talking about.

Also, #2 - how in the world do you do AUTOCORRECT? I have lived with it without complaining for the past month or two but there eventually has to be somewhat to incorporate autocorrect so if for example I type "Il" on my Blackberry it would autocorrect to "I'll" -- sounds dumb but was a huge help in day-to-day texting.

Thank you!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
How about when you are composing a text message and typing in the persons name it brings up their numbers but does not tell you what kind of number it is. IE home, cell, work, is there a way to change that so you know. Cause some people I don't remember which is their cell or home and I can sometimes choose the wrong one and text their house.

google123

Reaction score
For number 2 I highly suggest FireKeys. Worth its price. Definitely. There is a free version you can try also though so...........

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

google123

Reaction score

1. Install Root Explorer (use caution, don't delete important system files!)
2. Go to system/media/audio/ui
3. Rename camera_click.ogg to camera_click.bak (in case you want it back)
4. In Root Explorer, MENU -> CREATE NEW FILE -> name it camera_click.ogg (empty sound file)

Okay, #1 this did not work for me. Any suggestions? I could not find the app "Root Explorer" so instead I used Files and went to the UI folder but could not find the file that you're talking about.

Also, #2 - how in the world do you do AUTOCORRECT? I have lived with it without complaining for the past month or two but there eventually has to be somewhat to incorporate autocorrect so if for example I type "Il" on my Blackberry it would autocorrect to "I'll" -- sounds dumb but was a huge help in day-to-day texting.

Thank you!

For number 2 I highly suggest FireKeys. Worth its price. Definitely. There is a free version you can try also though so...........

google123

Reaction score
How about when you are composing a text message and typing in the persons name it brings up their numbers but does not tell you what kind of number it is. IE home, cell, work, is there a way to change that so you know. Cause some people I don't remember which is their cell or home and I can sometimes choose the wrong one and text their house.

ChompSMS allows you to only show contacts with mobile numbers when composing a text message. Very handy to only see mobile numbers so you don't end up texting a home or work number.

gmkirchn

Reaction score
I have yet to find a way to stop my ringtone for notifications without checking the ongoing screen or the text messaging app. Does anyone have any tips for getting my ringtone notification to stop especially while in the locked mode? BTW I don't want to put it in silent mode :p

DroidToro

Reaction score

Mine doesn't make the sound if it is in silent mode. I know a lot people think the only reason someone would want to silence the shutter is to be sneaky :^> but it's also handy during meetings when you want record a whiteboard but don't want to create a distraction.

eus107709

Reaction score
The Files app won't cut it. Your phone needs to be rooted to access the system files where the sound file is located. Even if your phone was rooted, Files still won't let you change your sys files. If you don't want to root the phone, i guess you could just silent the phone before taking a picture.

google123

Reaction score
I have yet to find a way to stop my ringtone for notifications without checking the ongoing screen or the text messaging app. Does anyone have any tips for getting my ringtone notification to stop especially while in the locked mode? BTW I don't want to put it in silent mode :p

You can install a profiles app and set a profile where the notifications sound is off......

gmkirchn

Reaction score
Well I would do that but I still want my ringtone notifications. The problem is when i'm in a situation like a conversation and instead of hitting a button to mute it in my pocket, I have to get it out and slide or unlock and go to my messages. I have had an option like this on my previous phones and I would like it back.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know that on my og droid you can hit the power button, but I would assume you've tried that...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

gmkirchn

Reaction score
I know that on my og droid you can hit the power button, but I would assume you've tried that...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Ya I tried that.. Is anyone else having an issue with this?

gqiq

Reaction score
I know hitting the volume rocker silences calls. Have you tried doing the same for notifications?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe he has tried all hardware buttons at this time.

The only thing I can think of is to make the quick button on the side a instant vibrate button. (i know nothing about it though, just verbal diarrhea.)