Droid Pro Tips <--- Post Here

kilofox

Reaction score
Have a tip for the Droid Pro? Post it here.

Here are a couple.

While in the Gmail app:

Press C for Compose
Press R to Reply
Press A to Reply to All​

Customize keyboard search:

Menu/Settings/Search/Searchable items

Check or Uncheck items you want/don't want in search. For myself, I only want contacts. (I would like calendar items if they were available)​

SDGuy

Reaction score
How to change signature for each e-mail account

I'm sure you experts know this, but I was happy to find:

Messaging - Menu Button - Messaging Settings - Email -Compose Options - Select account

Edit Email signature as well as whether you want to edit or revise the Verizon line

OP
kilofox

kilofox

Reaction score
Switch applications or see recently used apps - Long Press Home Icon

BubbaRob

Reaction score
Long-pressing the screen around text will open a magnification window allowing a close-up view of the cursor so you can place it in between letters and such.

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Shotcut keys!!

Settings> Application> Quick Launch

Then set up your Shortcut keys from there.

Then press and hold "Search" icon + whichever letter assigned to that applicaton to launch it.

So, "Search" icon + "G" will open Gmail, etc. etc.

eus107709

Reaction score
Quick message to your contacts!

- Go to contacts
- Select or search a contact
- Start typing!

You will be able to compose a message immediately and deliver it via text message, email, facebook, etc. It's very convenient.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
kilofox

kilofox

Reaction score
Just got a DP and your pictures look like hell?

Check to see if you removed the protective film off the camera lens. Out of the box, it's not readily apparent that there is a protective film covering the lens. The best way to remove the film is to remove the phone's back cover to expose the film tab, thus making it easy for removal.

OP
kilofox

kilofox

Reaction score
Great tip eus! Thanks!

Quick message to your contacts!

- Go to contacts
- Select or search a contact
- Start typing!

You will be able to compose a message immediately and deliver it via text message, email, facebook, etc. It's very convenient.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

M.J.H.

Reaction score
Have a tip for the Droid Pro? Post it here.

Here are a couple.

While in the Gmail app:

Press C for Compose
Press R to Reply
Press A to Reply to All​

Customize keyboard search:

Menu/Settings/Search/Searchable items

Check or Uncheck items you want/don't want in search. For myself, I only want contacts. (I would like calendar items if they were available)​

This second tip is great! Especially combined with the select a contact and just start typing that's amazing and more user friendly than my Bold even was!

M.J.H.

Reaction score
Anyone know how to turn off voice commands?? So annoying if you press the home key twice it takes you to the please say a command prompt?

eus107709

Reaction score
Anyone know how to turn off voice commands?? So annoying if you press the home key twice it takes you to the please say a command prompt?

You can probably uninstall the voice command program, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it. While it's not an essential app, I think other parts of our ROM hooks into it and that may cause problems.

But, you can remap that function.

Home Screen -> Settings -> Applications -> Double tap home launch

This isn't a native Android OS function, it's part of Motorola's custom home launcher application. If you don't like it you can try LauncherPro or ADW Launcher. Both are well written, but you need to invest a little time into tweaking the settings. Playing with the "Memory Usage" setting in LauncherPro is essential.

ravenhawk

Reaction score
Just got a DP and your pictures look like hell?

Check to see if you removed the protective film off the camera lens. Out of the box, it's not readily apparent that there is a protective film covering the lens. The best way to remove the film is to remove the phone's back cover to expose the film tab, thus making it easy for removal.

Wow... after a week of complaining about the poor picture quality... there it is... I still had the little film on the lense... wow... I can't even begin to explain how stupid I feel right now...

M.J.H.

Reaction score

You can probably uninstall the voice command program, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it. While it's not an essential app, I think other parts of our ROM hooks into it and that may cause problems.

But, you can remap that function.

Home Screen -> Settings -> Applications -> Double tap home launch

This isn't a native Android OS function, it's part of Motorola's custom home launcher application. If you don't like it you can try LauncherPro or ADW Launcher. Both are well written, but you need to invest a little time into tweaking the settings. Playing with the "Memory Usage" setting in LauncherPro is essential.

Thank you!! dancedroid

I set it to Voice Search when thank God is much better than the Voice Commands crap. At least now the double-tap home button works effectively.

Anyone have any thoughts about Handcent SMS vs. default factory SMS? Lately with Launcher Pro and Handcent SMS both running together sometimes when I bring up my Handcent it takes a few seconds to load, can be very frustrating.

In general if there are any tips to improve free memory they would be helpful because right now it seems like my only frustration is I am faster than the phone is in terms usability. I think this will probably be the case for a few years as phones features keep getting better and better the users are going try and do multiple things at once, etc. For example I will be on speakerphone on a call trying to use Handcent SMS, etc.