Droid Pro Resources Thread (SBF, Root, Update, Instructions)

ferwarp

Reaction score
hi guys, do you know if there is any rom 2.3 for motorola pro (not droid pro), thank you!!!

Last edited:

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Is there a way to get into CWM when the phone is powered off? I can get into the stock recovery, but if there was a way to get into CWM, I've forgotten it.

clueless77

Reaction score
Is there a way to get into CWM when the phone is powered off? I can get into the stock recovery, but if there was a way to get into CWM, I've forgotten it.

Possibly through ADB via computer but that's only if you have the SDK downloaded, I'd say if the computer made the recognize sound that its possible

BAD ASS X

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Guys, the SBF and RSD Lite links are broken due to the MegaUpload situation. Does anyone have those items hosted?

Thanks.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys, the SBF and RSD Lite links are broken due to the MegaUpload situation. Does anyone have those items hosted?

Thanks.

Working on a good link right now. I have an upload going now. ;)

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
I think I might have the Gingerbread one here somewhere. I'll upload it if I do.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am having to wipe my wife's phone since she is having problems with the text messaging app. I am at the ! in a triangle screen but pressing the @ symbol will not get me to the menu. Is there another way to do this? I used to have this phone and don't remember what I used to do to get into recovery.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Never mind figured it out, have to press the volume up and down at the same time to get passed the ! triangle screen.

ubiond

Reaction score
motorola pro xt610

salve io avrei un problema riguardo la lingua italiana che non ce sul mio motorola pro xt610 ,qualcuno mi potrebbe aiutare ho mettere una rom con la lingua italiana.....la mia rom attuale e 2.3.6 android.

nadsad

Reaction score
Hey, at first i'm sr about my poor english.

I have a Droid pro running on Stock rom 2.3.4, but there are a lot of apps that's not useful to me. So i want to change it's rom to a faster, smooth room.

Please some one help me to root my Droid pro and give me some ideas about good cook roms for it.

ozo012

Reaction score
As you guys might have noticed, there's actually been a little development for our phones lately (thanks guys). Due to that, I've decided to put together a info thread to help people out with how to "tinker" with their phones a little. If there's anything you think should be added, just let me know.

As always, you should take care before doing any modifications to your phone. You can potentially cause a large amount of damage if you do not know what you're doing. The instructions here are NOT a fool-proof method. They are simply a short guide to help you get the most out of your phone. Enjoy!

Installing OTA updates manually (root access not required):

1) Download the appropriate file (2.3.3 Leaked Gingerbread or 3.8.7 Froyo Update )
2) Name it update and place it on the root of your SD card
3) Boot into recovery (Power+R+M)
4) Press the @ symbol when you get Android + ! on the screen.
5) Select to install update.zip from SD Card
6) Reboot

Enable USB Debugging and "Unknown Sources" Apps
1) Menu > Settings > Applications > Enable Unknown Sources
2) Menu > Settings > Applications > Development> Enable USB Debugging

Root Droid Pro with SuperOneClick
(Froyo)
1) Download and unzip SuperOneClick
2) Run the driver utility
3) Enable USB debugging and plug in your phone
4) Click root and let the program do its thing
5) Reboot

Root Droid Pro with Bionic method (Gingerbread)
1) Download the file and extract.
2) Connect your phone to your computer via USB charge-only mode.
3) Run Motorola One Click Root
4) Phone will reboot twice
5) If it reboots to the bootloader, simply unplug, reboot the phone manually, then replug once its booted.

Use ClockworkMod Recovery with your Droid Pro
1) On your rooted phone, install the Droid 2 Boostrapper
2) Open the application, press Bootstrap Recovery (allow in Superuser), then Reboot Recovery
3) You will reboot into CWM, allowing you to create/restore backups and flash .zip files
4) Be sure to note that some roms do not allow use of the Boostrapper. CM7, for instance, allows you to reboot to recovery via the power button. The bootstrapper will cause you to have to SBF with CM7.

Installing a custom ROM or its update
1) Boot into CWM via the Bootstrapper
2) Select "Flash zip from SD Card"
3) Select your zip file (from a custom ROM found in the Droid PRO Roms Section
4) You will likely need to wipe data, system, cache, davlik or a combination. See the appropriate thread for details.

Flashing stock SBF file via RSD Lite
1) Download the 3.8.7 SBF and install RSD Lite (a Gingerbread link is in process)
2) Install the drivers found in the zip file
3) Boot your FULLY CHARGED phone to the bootloader (Power+Vol Up+Vol Down) while off.
4) Start RSD Lite and plug in your phone
5) Once it appears in the bottom window, press start
6) DO NOT unplug your phone during this process

Gingerbread on Droid Pro with Froyo Radio
1) See instructional thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ngerbread-droid-pro-unlocked-froyo-radio.html
Any chance we can get the link updated for SBF? It is returning a 404.