Droid Pro Recovery/Custom ROMS

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by StingRay, Dec 12, 2010.

1. StingRay

StingRay New Member

Even with the known corporate exchange sync delay, I've just about decided to keep my Droid Pro rather than sending back prior to my 30 return timeframe.... since having a positive experience with rooting my OG Droid, I really think that rooting the Pro will possibly help eliminate the delay issue and help on some of the battery usage issues....

Even though z4root will allow us to root the Pro, aren't we kind of working without a safety net if we root and make any changes without having the benefit of an actual recovery (i.e. Clockwork) installed? I am worried that since this is a "business" phone and isn't the most sought after phone because of the smaller screen and lower resolution there will not be a big push to create a recovery and custom ROMs like we saw on the Droid. Koush and others have made it clear that they cannot work on creating recovery for any phone if they don't have a device to work with....and they're certainly not going to run out an purchase a Pro anytime soon...IMHO....

Any thoughts and/or info on any discussion you may have seen related to recovery and custom ROMS?
  2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

You can at least install TiBu and freeze apps.
  3. StingRay

StingRay New Member

Yes and I'll probably start there in order to start the process of helping battery and possibly the email delay by removing/freezing some of the Blur apps...

I'm already seeing some instances where people have removed something they shouldn't have and now are missing something they need or at least in one case have bricked their Pro...I hope people understand they could be in trouble if something happens without a recovery to fall back on...

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk
  4. schilsh

schilsh New Member

Is there a way to flash an older version of clockworkmod recovery on my pro? I can get to recovery screen but hard resetting isnt solving the problem. When attempting to use a restore, im getting the md5 mismatch. From what i gather this is due to an update on the rom manager app and the recovery file doesnt work with it.

Please help!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  5. StingRay

StingRay New Member

I doubt that a Recovery not designed specifically for the Pro would work, but I'm not an expert....

is your Pro not working currently?
  6. mustahaque

mustahaque New Member

Dear sting ray,
    Is thEre a way to go back to the stock rom, as I have deleted some of the system apps, and now the new update is failing.
    Seems like you are still running stock rom can you make a back up and share it with us. Thanks in advance
  7. guidot

Curious if you can use TiBu to create an update.zip after you've wiped all of your personal info and then flash with stock recovery? Although it won't have the proper signature maybe?

Just a thought.
  8. mustahaque

mustahaque New Member

Do you know if it is possible to download the recovery rom directly from motorola or Verizon?
  9. guidot

Not leaked at the moment afaik.
  10. pilotrose

pilotrose New Member

So there is nothing we or any devs can do? We just have to wait until a SBF is leaked?
  11. mustahaque

mustahaque New Member

i have been PM'd by an individual, saying he has access to the SBF, but he wants $50 it
    do you guys think its a scam?

this is the PM i got
    "If you are still looking for the original full flash file for the Droid Pro, I know someone who has it available, however, they are not giving it away, but selling it. It is very reasonably price though compared to what most charge for such things. If this is of interest to you, you can contact me at d******a@yahoo.com. You can either send me a contact phone number or I will send you mine once I receive an email from you. Thanks, D**"

i emailed the fellow and got this reply:

"I am only asking $50.00 for both the sbf monster pack and the source code too. I already have both uploaded so i can easily send the links right to you upon getting a paypal receipt. This email is tied to my paypal account for your reference. Thanks, D***"
  12. mustahaque

mustahaque New Member

13. pilotrose

pilotrose New Member

If someone pays and gets the file, and then shares it with the rest of us with a paypal email where we can donate as a thanks, I will surely donate if the stuff can unbrick my phone. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using DroidForums App
  14. pilotrose

pilotrose New Member

It's tough to say though, whether or not it's a scam.

How did you manage to find the stuff on that other forum?
  15. guidot

Sounds sketchy to me.
  16. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

VERY!!!

DroidForums junkie!!
  17. mustahaque

mustahaque New Member

I just did a search with his email address on google, seems like he is a moderator for some CDMA forums and has worked with other motorola firmwares and such. He claims to the SBF is directly form the Motorola server and he will also provide the source code.

I am thinking about taking the risk... i can't stand not having a working phone...

My question is if it is a legit SBF how do I get it in to my phone as my phone doesn't even boot it just keeps rebooting with annoying DROID... Droid continuously. I have tried connecting it to my PC but it doesn't get recognized, by RSD Lite 4.9

let me know if taking the risk is worth it or not...

and I got this reply when i asked the individual if it was a scam:

"Well I would suggest you do a Google search on drkcobra and see how many forums I am the Motorola CDMA moderator on and for how many years, and see their as well as my reputation. Further I know you will not find anyone who say I ever screwed them, because I never have. The file comes straight off of Motorola's server, so it is up to you if want to believe it or not, but as soon as you open it with RSD Lite 4.9 it will be quite apparent.
    Bottom line is I am giving it away for what I am selling it for especially compared to most out there, but I am just not trying to gouge anyone or try and retire. Hell I am even throwing in the source code. If you choose to buy it let me know, if not, then fine."

18. guidot

That's fine and all but did he pay to pull the file off Motorola's server?

If he did that's fine but its not like he created the sbf.

If he didn't, did he steal it?

Every other sbf for all other droids have been made available for no money.

Im just concerned over the legality here.

Not affecting me of course but if he's charging for something that technically can be provided for free, just seems a bit sheisty.

Its one thing to have vzw sbf a phone, they have an agreement with moto and visa versa. But if he has someone with access to the moto servers and is in turn selling these things that aren't his...hmm.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  19. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

That's really sketch. Especially him asking like he's doing you a favor by charging fifty bucks for it. I've never heard of anyone paying for an sbf.

tappin and a talkin
Search tags for this page
custom roms droid pro

droid pro custom rom

droid pro custom roms

droid pro recovery

droid pro rom

droid pro roms

motorola droid pro custom recovery
motorola droid pro custom rom
motorola droid pro custom roms
motorola droid pro rom