Droid Pro Problems

ion2010

Reaction score
I have been using the Droid Pro for several days and have experienced may issues.

1.) The battery needs to be charged several times a day
2.) I have lost the phone on several occasions and need to hard reset the phone to restore the phone service. This results in the loss of all of the settings and the phone needs to be completly reconfigured.
3.) There is no enterprise application for the device (i.e. blackberry server)
4.) Most alarming, the Verizon technical personnel have not been trained on the device. I took my phone to the Verizon store and was informed by the staff that they could not work on my device as no one at the loaction had received any training on the device. Very troubling!!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been using the Droid Pro for several days and have experienced may issues.

1.) The battery needs to be charged several times a day
2.) I have lost the phone on several occasions and need to hard reset the phone to restore the phone service. This results in the loss of all of the settings and the phone needs to be completly reconfigured.
3.) There is no enterprise application for the device (i.e. blackberry server)
4.) Most alarming, the Verizon technical personnel have not been trained on the device. I took my phone to the Verizon store and was informed by the staff that they could not work on my device as no one at the loaction had received any training on the device. Very troubling!!!!

I don't have the Droid Pro but if it's losing signal to the phone what I would do instead of a factory data reset is just program the phone again with *228 option 1. Then I would update the prl's by dialing *228 option 2.

Verizon has so many phones you really can't expect good technical service from them. My experience with them is they have basic knowledge. If you are having an issue with your phone you're probably better of coming here for advice on how to fix it.

motoconvert

Reaction score
I would just take it back to them and get another one. Or @ least call customer service and tell them what's going on...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
You can use an enterprise server; Good Enterprise Server. My employer requires encryption and some of the other protections offered by BES and GES. It is the only way to use android or the iphone on our corporate network. Goodlink works fine. Obviously it isn't native like on the BB and it requires an additional password once it times out, but it allows me to use android and still have work email on it.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Masta120

Reaction score
I'm an old blackberry pearl user, looking to upgrade to a Pro. I went to a verizon store today and played with the Pro. I noticed the phone was running a little warm. I made a call from the phone and it felt very noticeably warm up against my face.

Has anyone else noticed their phone running hot?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Display phone?
Btw, welcome to DroidForums!!

I'm an old blackberry pearl user, looking to upgrade to a Pro. I went to a verizon store today and played with the Pro. I noticed the phone was running a little warm. I made a call from the phone and it felt very noticeably warm up against my face.

Has anyone else noticed their phone running hot?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Masta120

Reaction score
Yes, it was the display phone. When I asked the sales person about it, she had not heard anything like it.

But I also saw some reviews out where this was one of 2 complaints on the phone (the other was bad sound quality on phone calls).

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Displays are hard to judge because they're constantly charging and rarely rebooted.
Well, no phone is going to be perfect. There are always a few bad ones floating around but you have a 30 day DOA period (new phone) and a 1 yr warranty (Certified Like New Replacement...CLNR) should something go wrong.

Yes, it was the display phone. When I asked the sales person about it, she had not heard anything like it.

But I also saw some reviews out where this was one of 2 complaints on the phone (the other was bad sound quality on phone calls).

BubbaRob

Reaction score
FWIW my phone also gets warm when making a call, but then again so did my original Droid and Blackberry Tour. My call quality has been great so far on both ends. The earpiece seems to get quite loud to me also which is nice.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mine does too depending on the duration of the call.