Droid Pro or ???

weasel49

Reaction score
I recently switched from the Incredible to the Droid Pro since I am doing alot of emailing and texting for work. So far I really hate the Pro. The battery doesn't nearly last as long as my Incredible. Yes I have done everything to make the battery last longer(dimmed screen,app killer,background turned off)...I gave my Incredible to my wife so getting it back now is not possible. I really liked the Samsung Fascinate. What are your thoughts about the phone? I barely used the Pro today (checked 5 emails,4 text, 45 mins on 2 calls) the battery is completely drained. The battery manager said voice calls drained 67% of the battery, I find that hard to believe.Please help>>>

andymellon4

Reaction score
I just got the fascinate and the battery is amazing, the screen is wonderful and typing is pretty good. ITs running 2.1 which sucks, uses bing which is driving me insane, and isnt as fast as i thought it would be. Honestly go use it and see if you like it. Each phone is gonna have its pluses and minuses you just got to determine which will work the best for you.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Extended battery maybe? Is battery just battery life that's the problem?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I have d2g and its the same...battery drains. however I followed what another person mentioned and let it drain till almost end of life. do it for awhile like breaking in a new bed....lol jk. but I also use ATK at every end of something im working on. im not 100% positive if it works but it seems fine.
there was an article I read also that ATK is not necessary so...who knows

Aloha from Hawaii ... via D2G

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have d2g and its the same...battery drains. however I followed what another person mentioned and let it drain till almost end of life. do it for awhile like breaking in a new bed....lol jk. but I also use ATK at every end of something im working on. im not 100% positive if it works but it seems fine.
there was an article I read also that ATK is not necessary so...who knows

Aloha from Hawaii ... via D2G

It all depends how you have it set up, there are so many things that cause battery drain, such as screen brightness, GPS, WiFi, apps updating automatically, and a jillion other things. I dont know how it is with the D2G but on my D2 I get great battery life. And I always let the battery drain all the way down before recharging it. I dont know if these batteries have "memory" like some other types of batteries, but that is what I do. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

OP
W

weasel49

Reaction score
I have turned the brightness all the way down.
GPS off
Background Off
Global turned off
Auto sync off
No weather update
Corporate emails sucks on the Pro since it only syncs every 15 mins..
I figured since I liked my Incredible so much I would really love the Pro.
How often does the Fascinate sync corpo email?

billyidle

Reaction score
You said in the first post you are running a task killer, that is hurting your battery. In no way will that ever improve batttery life.