droid pro no text messaging

nate808

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to this so please bare with me. My friend has a Droid pro from Verizon he then switched carriers to Hawaii's mobi pcs was able to get it working thru a unlocking code of some sort. But now there is no txt messaging or voice mail alert. Could someone please help me if I could root the phone and use a different txt app or even a unlocking code to try and get it working again. Thank u

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the forums!

So you say there are not alerts, but the text messages and voice mails are coming through just no notification sounds?

You could try GoSMS that is a good alternative to the standard text messaging APP.

OP
N

nate808

Reaction score
There is no txt messaging at all and no voicemail notifications. I tried installing GoSMS for his txt messaging but didn't help. So I'm wondering if a root would help. I think there might be a confusing going on between carrier's in the phone some where. So if there is a way to solve it through rooting ?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No I don't think rooting is going to help fox the issue.

Sounds like something didn't go right with the unlock, phone calls can be made and received?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

OP
N

nate808

Reaction score
Yah phone calls can be made and received with no problem. Just the txt messages is the biggest issue.

OP
N

nate808

Reaction score
Any other idea you may have ill be glad to hear it and try it. ?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I can't think of anything else to try, something did not work correctly with the unlock. Or the phone is not provisioned correctly with the local carrier, unless it is phone related which is doubtful.

They could try doing a factory data reset but would lose any APPS installed on the phone and would have to re-download them. I am not too familiar with unlock codes but they might even have to enter that again upon reset.

To do one going into Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset. If they have any photos, music, or videos they can back those up to the SD card and remove that prior to doing the reset so things don't get lost.

OP
N

nate808

Reaction score
Ok thanks for your help ill try a factory data reset. I'm going to look around to see if I can get the unlock codes for it first. Thanks again. I'll post back if it helps

longus

Reaction score
Pls can i know d unlocking code u used to unlock it initially