Droid Pro issues, screen timeouts, power button, logon ribbon

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by nanohead, Jan 16, 2011.

1. nanohead

nanohead New Member

I bought the Droid Pro a couple of weeks ago. Also a BBerry user who defected. Nice phone, but a couple of things are making it very unpleasant for me to use. So much so that I may return it (I might be whiny, not sure). FYI, I'm a business user, and just want it to work properly and not get in my way.

All in all, a good phone, and fantastic voice quality since the update. Here are the issues that make it annoying

• I absolutely HATE the fact that I need to push the power button, THEN swipe the logon ribbon (or whatever its called) just to use the darn thing. Is there anyway to wake the blasted phone up using a keyboard key, or something else, other that the 2 step program. Can I remap the power button? Eliminate its requirement?
    • The logon ribbon that you have to swipe from left to right. I HATE that big time too, especially when answering the phone. Can I disable it forever, or at least when the phone rings. If it rings, I just want to answer the phone for goodness sake, not swipe that ribbon
    • Notifications of Email, SMS and VM are totally unreliable. Sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't. Is there a fix for this.
    These are major usability issues that make me insane. I really really want to like this phone, but these dopey egghead features are simply wayyyy to annoying on a day to day basis. I definitely outgrew the ancient RIM way of doing things, but the Droid Pro has too many usage prevention features that I'm not sure I can live with it.
  2. KjD

KjD New Member

Download an app called No Lock. That gets rid of swiping to unlock which I also hated! Also allows you to press any button to wake up your screen. Also, make sure you have "data push" selected under your email settings. That should make it so you always receive everything. I have not had a ny trouble receiving my emails or texts. Hope this helps!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App
  3. nanohead

nanohead New Member

As my teenagers say, OMFG! You are my idol for the moment :)

Thanks, will try that stuff post haste. If we can get past those minor annoyances, I'll be in phone heaven!!!
  4. StingRay

StingRay New Member

Regarding your notifications, the corporate exchange email push sync IS unreliable...Motorola is aware of the problem, but doesn't seem to be in any hurry to push out a solution...sometimes you will get your exchange email immediately as it should, sometimes it will be delayed, and sometimes it will not sync until you open the email app...on top of that it is very unpredictable as to when those syncing events will happen...again, Moto is aware of it but for the time being it is broke...

as far as your notifications for SMS, I would suggest trying something other than the stock SMS app...try Handcent or GoSMS...much more reliable...
  5. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

Hey thanks for the info. Downloaded this app and it works like a charm. I too hate the "push and swipe" routine just to do something on the phone. This app works great.
  6. boomerang

boomerang New Member

Oh my goodness....thank you so much for the info on no lock. I hate having to unlock everytime I pick up my phone. AWESOME!

Sent from my DROID PRO
  7. mmf25

mmf25 New Member

Corporate sync client

Can you tell me of another email client out there that doesn't suffer from the same issues as the native corporate sync client? My organization has tried touchdown and one other and so far we have not found one that can integrate with Exchange 2003 very well.
  8. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 New Member

There's k9 mail out there, never tried it, but many report good success with eas. My Touchdown app works very well. Maybe one sync issue over the past two months with Touchdown and a simple reboot fixed that.
Search tags for this page
droid bionic enter button on logon does not work

droid pro power button not working

droid pro power fix
droid pro problems

droid pro screen problems

droid pro screen timeout

logon ribbon
mb632 power button problem
motorola droid pro email problems
motorola pro mb632 screen problems
power button on droid pro not working