Droid Pro in iceland?

gardar

Reaction score
Hey guys. I live in iceland and I'd like to buy a Droid Pro... And it's not going to be sold in my country. I'm wondering what my options are... Is it possible to buy the phone unlocked somewhere? I've seen a couple of droid pro's on ebay that are unlocked, but they all seem to be unlocked by the seller. Should I trust that a droid pro that is unlocked and comes from a seller with good feedback will work in iceland? Are there any down sides with buying a unlocked verizon phone? will I have some troubles with upgrading the firmware, having to unlock the phone again later. etc? thanks in advance

rafeee2

Reaction score
Hey guys. I live in iceland and I'd like to buy a Droid Pro... And it's not going to be sold in my country. I'm wondering what my options are... Is it possible to buy the phone unlocked somewhere? I've seen a couple of droid pro's on ebay that are unlocked, but they all seem to be unlocked by the seller. Should I trust that a droid pro that is unlocked and comes from a seller with good feedback will work in iceland? Are there any down sides with buying a unlocked verizon phone? will I have some troubles with upgrading the firmware, having to unlock the phone again later. etc? thanks in advance

I bought one yesterday off eBay, and it's locked but the seller will be sending me the unlock code by mail so I can unlock it myself (seller's got 100% feedback from 112 items, so I'm hoping for the best).

I'm yet to receive it of course, it might take up to 2 weeks from today. I'm in Kuwait, so if it works for me it should work for you.

I don't know much about the firmware upgrades issues though, but I think you can always flash any new official ROM (using RSD) instead of waiting for it to appear in the software upgrade section on the phone, no?

Last edited:
OP
G

gardar

Reaction score

I bought one yesterday off eBay, and it's locked but the seller will be sending me the unlock code by mail so I can unlock it myself (seller's got 100% feedback from 112 items, so I'm hoping for the best).

I'm yet to receive it of course, it might take up to 2 weeks from today. I'm in Kuwait, so if it works for me it should work for you.

I don't know much about the firmware upgrades issues though, but I think you can always flash any new official ROM (using RSD) instead of waiting for it to appear in the software upgrade section on the phone, no?

Hey there mate.. I've been reading through the forums and I think you need to let the seller unlock the phone while it's located in the united states. Check this thread out http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...7-verizon-unlock-code-wont-work-overseas.html Let me know if the phone works for you after you've received it in your country. Thanks :)

rafeee2

Reaction score

Hey there mate.. I've been reading through the forums and I think you need to let the seller unlock the phone while it's located in the united states. Check this thread out http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...7-verizon-unlock-code-wont-work-overseas.html Let me know if the phone works for you after you've received it in your country. Thanks :)

I think this is what activation is, not unlocking. You always see "Phone activated to get clear ESN so it can be unlocked for any provider". This absolutely has to be done while still on Verizon.

Maybe someone with more experience can add to this conversation :)