Droid pro and netflix

Omgitsjack

Reaction score
Anyone get this app working for the droid pro?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

OP
O

Omgitsjack

Reaction score
Can u tell me how u did it.

google123

Reaction score
I keep getting device not supported error on mine. Afterwards I get an error about the time/date setting on the device. I think there is a build.prop hack or something that got it working on the nook color. May need to check that out.

update: the ro.product.model line was changed to: Nexus S

and the ro.product.manufacturer line was changed to: samsung

and the app started right up. I might try this later to see if it works on my Pro.

TVJ

Reaction score

All I did was download it from the Market. It installed on my phone and has worked every time I have used it.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

All I did was download it from the Market. It installed on my phone and has worked every time I have used it.

Is it streaming any video? Are you sure you didn't download a different app, like the Queue Manager or something similar?

The real Netflix app that was just released this week doesn't even show up in the market if you search from the Droid Pro because it's not a supported device at present. And if you search on the market website, it won't allow you to install it on the Pro. It just seems a bit odd if you're the only person who can find this, install it, and use it without any edits on the Pro.

It seems the only way around this is make some edits that make the market and the app think you have one of the phones that is currently supported.

comk4ver

Reaction score
See xda forums...I've got it working on my moyo droid...plus you gotta be rooted and on gingerbread

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
See xda forums...I've got it working on my moyo droid...plus you gotta be rooted and on gingerbread

I'm familiar with what they've done on XDA. But there's no Gingerbread for the Droid Pro. No customs roms at all. That's part of what's confusing about TVJ saying it worked straight out of the market.

TVJ

Reaction score

I'm familiar with what they've done on XDA. But there's no Gingerbread for the Droid Pro. No customs roms at all. That's part of what's confusing about TVJ saying it worked straight out of the market.
Sorry - I just assumed you were talking about the app which DOES wiork on the Droid Pro. It is called Phone Flix - Netflix for Android. It's a straight forward download and install. And it works.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Sorry - I just assumed you were talking about the app which DOES wiork on the Droid Pro. It is called Phone Flix - Netflix for Android. It's a straight forward download and install. And it works.

Ok, so it's just a queue manager and not the actual Netflix app from Netflix that streams content that was just released for a handful of phones. Everyone would have wanted to know your secret if you got the legit app working on the Pro.

google123

Reaction score
I keep getting device not supported error on mine. Afterwards I get an error about the time/date setting on the device. I think there is a build.prop hack or something that got it working on the nook color. May need to check that out.

and the app started right up. I might try this later to see if it works on my Pro.

Dude, u suck, this didn't work at all. I tried doing what you said and it didn't work on my Pro. The app never opens. Try again.

google123

Reaction score

Dude, u suck, this didn't work at all. I tried doing what you said and it didn't work on my Pro. The app never opens. Try again.

Ahhh, back to the drawing board then. Thanks for trying it out though.

tennvol

Reaction score
There's a post on the netflix thread to a xda developers link that fixes the bug and allows this to work on non supported phones.

I downloaded that apk and it works on the pro

OP
O

Omgitsjack

Reaction score
I did try that and it got me to movie screen and crashes afterwards

OP
O

Omgitsjack

Reaction score
Also it sends me right back to the movie selection screen after a while on that apk