Droid Pro And Droid 2 Global Pre Order Begin

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-pro-global9.jpg

The Droid Pro and Droid 2 global edition are two devices that we are very excited about, and with that said, you can now pre-order these new Droids directly from VerizonWireless.com If you place your order today, you're more likely to get it before even these droids land at your local VZW store.

Now as for choice, here are a few specs for both the devices. The Droid Pro has a nice 3.2 inch display, front facing keyboard, and other aspects that make it a great “welcome home” device for Blackberry users that are ready to make the jump to Android. The Droid 2 global is simply the regular D2 with a newer 1.2GHz faster processor, and a sim card slot for those that travel or just want to unlock the phone to use on AT&T or T-mobile.

Both devices are very good, so now let’s just see how the sales figures look at the end of the month. We know the numbers might not never touch that of the original Motorola Droid, but the Droid Pro is the first of its kind in this market space, so it’s a bit unpredictable.

By Wen
Buy The Droid Pro: Set Your Location

Buy The Droid 2 Global: Set Your Location

thedefectkid

Reaction score
Nice not gunna get any devices but I love how the droid 2 global just came out and its already available in white.

Android_vs_iPhone.jpg

Beardface

Reaction score
Won't get either, as I am just holding out to see what awesome 4G phones will be available for Verizon come February or March when I am eligible for my upgrade. However, that also depends on when 4G will be coming to Raleigh, so I could just hold off a bit on that. Plus, I also need to weigh on whats going to happen with the iPhone coming to Verizon.

If all of that happens and the network gets bogged, there is a good chance I make the switch to Sprint whenever the next generation Evo comes out. I love those phones, and if they can fix their battery life issues, they will have me sold.

Rsswga

Reaction score
I love my Droid but miss my complicated,3 battery pulls a day, slow web browsing, 3g only blackberry ..Droid pro I think would settle my craving

epsilonbass

Reaction score
Hmmm, all past pre-sales I've seen from verizon have always had the little "ships on x/xx" sticker on the picture of the phone. I went through the motions of the checking out process with the droid 2 and they have overnight shipping available and no mentions of pre-sale, I think these are on sale now.

Engadget seems to think so as well..

Droid Pro on sale a little early, shipping now -- Engadget

mtavenger55

Reaction score
I think I'm just going to get the origional Droid 2 since it is cheaper. I don't really travel out of the country & I just want an Android phone. I might as well save $50 while I still can. Also I'm impatient & don't feel like waiting for a phone that's already out lol. It looks like tomorrow's the day I get my Droid 2!

epsilonbass

Reaction score
Dunno man, that's saving $50 bucks for %20 less processor.... might seem like nothing now, but could make your phone last a few more months in the future.

Just logged into my verizon account, and there I did see pre-order buttons for the droid pro, but not for the droid 2... so maybe the D2 is ready but not the DP.

brianjcohen

Reaction score
I spoke to a rep at my local VZW store this morning, who said she was fairly certain her shipment of Droid Pros was coming in this afternoon. I'm wondering if that means they'll be selling them in the stores sooner than the 18th?

mtavenger55

Reaction score
Dunno man, that's saving $50 bucks for %20 less processor.... might seem like nothing now, but could make your phone last a few more months in the future.

Just logged into my verizon account, and there I did see pre-order buttons for the droid pro, but not for the droid 2... so maybe the D2 is ready but not the DP.

Well that's $50 less than I payed for my referbed Blackberry & I'm short on cash so I'm trying to save as much money as I can. I just found out my Mom is due for an upgrade in February so I could always upgrade then as well :) but my plan is to get Droid 2 now & when something big comes out in the summer use her upgrade & give her my Droid 2. Yeah I go threw phones like tissues & this Droid 2 phone will be my 3rd phone this year lol.

Fuzzball

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to them releasing a an extended battery for the black model. It would be nice to have an extended battery in the D1 with a matching cover finally.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
World phone? I hardly leave the house let alone travel outside of the U.S.

My D2 is just fine and it's going to be fine for the next 18 months.

ChuckG73

Reaction score
Does anyone know what else is different between the Droid 2 and the Droid 2 WE, besides the world functionality and the 1.2 GHZ speed? More info would be very nice, as I may get this instead of the HTC Inc HD...