Droid Pro And Droid 2 Global Pre Order Begin

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Nov 9, 2010.

1. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

The Droid Pro and Droid 2 global edition are two devices that we are very excited about, and with that said, you can now pre-order these new Droids directly from VerizonWireless.com If you place your order today, you're more likely to get it before even these droids land at your local VZW store.

Now as for choice, here are a few specs for both the devices. The Droid Pro has a nice 3.2 inch display, front facing keyboard, and other aspects that make it a great “welcome home” device for Blackberry users that are ready to make the jump to Android. The Droid 2 global is simply the regular D2 with a newer 1.2GHz faster processor, and a sim card slot for those that travel or just want to unlock the phone to use on AT&T or T-mobile.

Both devices are very good, so now let’s just see how the sales figures look at the end of the month. We know the numbers might not never touch that of the original Motorola Droid, but the Droid Pro is the first of its kind in this market space, so it’s a bit unpredictable.

By Wen
    Buy The Droid Pro: Set Your Location

Buy The Droid 2 Global: Set Your Location
  2. Diordna

Diordna New Member

White Droid sounds interesting haha
  3. thedefectkid

thedefectkid New Member

Nice not gunna get any devices but I love how the droid 2 global just came out and its already available in white.

[​IMG]
  4. Beardface

Beardface Member

Won't get either, as I am just holding out to see what awesome 4G phones will be available for Verizon come February or March when I am eligible for my upgrade. However, that also depends on when 4G will be coming to Raleigh, so I could just hold off a bit on that. Plus, I also need to weigh on whats going to happen with the iPhone coming to Verizon.

If all of that happens and the network gets bogged, there is a good chance I make the switch to Sprint whenever the next generation Evo comes out. I love those phones, and if they can fix their battery life issues, they will have me sold.
  5. Rsswga

Rsswga New Member

I love my Droid but miss my complicated,3 battery pulls a day, slow web browsing, 3g only blackberry ..Droid pro I think would settle my craving
  6. epsilonbass

epsilonbass New Member

Hmmm, all past pre-sales I've seen from verizon have always had the little "ships on x/xx" sticker on the picture of the phone. I went through the motions of the checking out process with the droid 2 and they have overnight shipping available and no mentions of pre-sale, I think these are on sale now.

Engadget seems to think so as well..

Droid Pro on sale a little early, shipping now -- Engadget
  7. mtavenger55

mtavenger55 New Member

I think I'm just going to get the origional Droid 2 since it is cheaper. I don't really travel out of the country & I just want an Android phone. I might as well save $50 while I still can. Also I'm impatient & don't feel like waiting for a phone that's already out lol. It looks like tomorrow's the day I get my Droid 2!
  8. epsilonbass

epsilonbass New Member

Dunno man, that's saving $50 bucks for %20 less processor.... might seem like nothing now, but could make your phone last a few more months in the future.

Just logged into my verizon account, and there I did see pre-order buttons for the droid pro, but not for the droid 2... so maybe the D2 is ready but not the DP.
  9. brianjcohen

brianjcohen New Member

I spoke to a rep at my local VZW store this morning, who said she was fairly certain her shipment of Droid Pros was coming in this afternoon. I'm wondering if that means they'll be selling them in the stores sooner than the 18th?
  10. monkeydog

monkeydog New Member

11. mtavenger55

mtavenger55 New Member

Well that's $50 less than I payed for my referbed Blackberry & I'm short on cash so I'm trying to save as much money as I can. I just found out my Mom is due for an upgrade in February so I could always upgrade then as well :) but my plan is to get Droid 2 now & when something big comes out in the summer use her upgrade & give her my Droid 2. Yeah I go threw phones like tissues & this Droid 2 phone will be my 3rd phone this year lol.
  12. Fuzzball

Fuzzball New Member

I'm looking forward to them releasing a an extended battery for the black model. It would be nice to have an extended battery in the D1 with a matching cover finally.
  13. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

World phone? I hardly leave the house let alone travel outside of the U.S.

My D2 is just fine and it's going to be fine for the next 18 months.
  14. ChuckG73

ChuckG73 New Member

Does anyone know what else is different between the Droid 2 and the Droid 2 WE, besides the world functionality and the 1.2 GHZ speed? More info would be very nice, as I may get this instead of the HTC Inc HD...
  15. loudaccord

loudaccord New Member

Do you guys think the D2 Global has a different processor or is the D2 Global just clocked 20% higher?
  16. pandabear

pandabear Member

I'm pretty sure it's not overclocked. It's the same family of processors just a slightly upgraded chip. Just as the droid 2/X didn't have an overclocked 600mhz OMAP that the OG droid had
  17. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

damn droid2 global is 1.2ghz
  18. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

The D2W is faster but not by much... 0.2ghz. It might kill your battery faster.
    I just got an X and I'm happy with that for now. The way things are going I might upgrade again in the summer if I have the free cash.
  19. Million

Million New Member

Nice...nothing surpassed my Droid X.
  20. r314bd

r314bd New Member

Ordered my D2 Global at 9 AM this morning. Would've done it late last night had I known it was available to order then. They just popped it up with no warning at all!
Search tags for this page

invalid sim card droid pro