DROID Pro 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Why does everyone want a front facing camera for? No body wanted it last year. What gives?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

They weren't becoming a standard feature last year, so a lot of people didn't see much use for them. When you don't know people who have one on their phone, it becomes less useful. But now it's becoming a standard feature, more people have them, and even more importantly, they're being integrated into software that works across platforms (different mobile operating systems, PCs, Macs, etc). So now there's more of a use for them. That's why people want them.

Last edited:

tennvol

Reaction score
Longer battery life, better antenna, and no camera. This is supposed to be a business device and many places don't let phones with camera on their property.

Or at least give us the option

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

google123

Reaction score
I could care less about a FFC but I would like either a 3.2 or preferably 3.5 WVGA screen. Also would like hardware menu buttons n hardware send/end keys and true hardware camera button. Another thing is a trackpad like the one on the incredible.

hotkoko

Reaction score
Why would anybody want to video chat at all. Why would I want to look at the person im speaking with

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Why would anybody want to video chat at all. Why would I want to look at the person im speaking with

Just because you don't want it doesn't mean that others don't want it. Clearly a lot of people want it since the inclusion of front facing cameras is becoming so widespread. They're not going to force you to use it if you don't want to.

Sometimes it's nice to see the person you're talking to, especially when you live a significant distance away and never see them in person. Pulling an app up on a device that you'll have with you just about all the time makes doing that easier and more convenient.

IAm

Reaction score
I am new here but I agree that a FFC would only increase the usefulness and popularity of the original phone. The phone while it is a great business phone appeals to a wide market.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I am new here but I agree that a FFC would only increase the usefulness and popularity of the original phone. The phone while it is a great business phone appeals to a wide market.

It's funny how a user named ImaDroidPro gets banned for breaking the rules, and then not even three hours later a brand new user pops up named IAm making sure to point out that they are new...in one of the threads started by ImaDroidPro that didn't get locked...

Curiosities of the names and timing of new forum users aside, if they wanted to market a Droid Pro 2 heavily as a business phone, tennvol is correct. A lot of businesses don't allow phones that have a camera, so they'd need to release a version without any cameras. Blackberry makes phones without cameras for that specific reason. There was a rumor shortly before the launch of the original that there would be a camera-less version. That never proved to be true though. If Motorola really wants to break into the Blackberry market in a serious way, they'd offer businesses a phone without cameras in addition to a consumer version with cameras.

IAm

Reaction score

It's funny how a user named ImaDroidPro gets banned for breaking the rules, and then not even three hours later a brand new user pops up named IAm making sure to point out that they are new...in one of the threads started by ImaDroidPro that didn't get locked...

Curiosities of the names and timing of new forum users aside, if they wanted to market a Droid Pro 2 heavily as a business phone, tennvol is correct. A lot of businesses don't allow phones that have a camera, so they'd need to release a version without any cameras. Blackberry makes phones without cameras for that specific reason. There was a rumor shortly before the launch of the original that there would be a camera-less version. That never proved to be true though. If Motorola really wants to break into the Blackberry market in a serious way, they'd offer businesses a phone without cameras in addition to a consumer version with cameras.

Lol I heard about the hostility from forum members here but dang I couldn't get one post out without some crazy accusation being thrown at me?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Lol I heard about the hostility from forum members here but dang I couldn't get one post out without some crazy accusation being thrown at me?

No accusations were thrown. Just pointing out something that seemed odd. A coincidence? Perhaps.

But since you just signed up today, and only have three posts, how have you "heard" from other forum members here about hostility? I can't seem to find anything about that anywhere. Could you direct me to the thread discussing that? I don't seem to recall any hostility from regular users here, just skepticism of someone who was making outrageous claims and verbally attacking and threatening other posters.

IAm

Reaction score

No accusations were thrown. Just pointing out something that seemed odd. A coincidence? Perhaps.

But since you just signed up today, and only have three posts, how have you "heard" from other forum members here about hostility? I can't seem to find anything about that anywhere. Could you direct me to the thread discussing that? I don't seem to recall any hostility from regular users here, just skepticism of someone who was making outrageous claims and verbally attacking and threatening other posters.

No from a co-worker who warned me to have a thick skin if I happened to have an opinion that differs from some. All is well.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

No from a co-worker who warned me to have a thick skin if I happened to have an opinion that differs from some. All is well.

I don't know why anyone would think that. Divergent opinions are more than welcome around here and help to offer different perspectives on a variety of issues. People just don't take kindly to threats, name-calling, breaking the forum rules, and general trouble making. There's been a small amount of that the past couple of days from a recent new user, but the mods have dealt with it.

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

+1 on what bsweetness posted. No thick skin required here...just an open mind and a willingness to understand/help others. We all share at least one thing in common...a desire to get the most from our Pro and share (thats more than one isn't it) :) so that other Pro owners can learn from our experience, trials and errors (more me more errors than anything else). I made a mistake this morning and posted a comment that I should not have, but that said, this is a great forum with some great users with some unbelievable patience and knowledge...welcome aboard...if you really are new.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
We all share at least one thing in common...a desire to get the most from our Pro and share (thats more than one isn't it) :)

Indeed. And there are so few of us compared to other phones out there that we've got to work together!

google123

Reaction score
I wanna see something along the lines of the Motorola ES400. I like the slight curvature of the keyboard, give it a trackpad a la BB, higher-res screen at least 640*480 like the ES400 and keep it about the same size as the Pro. 8MP camera with dual-stage hardware button, programmable side button(s)....and of course the latest version of Android!!!!!!!

es400-16.jpg