Droid Price Cuts

bamarammin87

Reaction score
Also just got mine for 49.99 off amazon. Ordered it last Wednesday, and it came in last Thursday. Now that's some great free shipping, one day! What a price too.

vtrider159

Reaction score
I bought mine two months ago for $200 bucks and I'm still waiting for the rebate....I knew these things would drop in price quickly, but it's hard to see these $50 phones while waiting for a rebate.

CaptJack

Reaction score
On vacation visiting friends and family in Tracy ca and found Best Buy anniversary sale. Could not resist. Droid 99.00 and get one free, plus car chargers for each free. Nice. Plus I picked up 2 window mounts and 2 multimedia docks. Myh kids are now proud owners of my env touch and env3. They are happy also. The droid rocks.....

Falconone

Reaction score
Anyone done the wirefly deal? Looking to get a droid through them but don't like all of the negative reviews I've been reading about them.

fis

Reaction score
Anyone done the wirefly deal? Looking to get a droid through them but don't like all of the negative reviews I've been reading about them.
I ordered from Wirefly through Bing search, phone arrived in one day, Bing cashback appeared in my account before I even opened the box. There are a lot of discussions about Wirefly's deal on the deal sites (recent examples Here, Here, Here), including plenty of people who purchased, and responses to questions from Wirefly reps. I see a lot of complaints from people who didn't get rebates years ago when Wirefly had rebates (they don't anymore). This deal isn't a rebate. It's cashback from Bing. No forms or approvals. It's automatic. Also complaints that Wirefly has its own separate ETF, but Wirefly's ETF is the same as Amazon's or BestBuy's or any authorized agent as far as I can tell.

Falconone

Reaction score
I ordered from Wirefly through Bing search, phone arrived in one day, Bing cashback appeared in my account before I even opened the box. There are a lot of discussions about Wirefly's deal on the deal sites (recent examples Here, Here, Here), including plenty of people who purchased, and responses to questions from Wirefly reps. I see a lot of complaints from people who didn't get rebates years ago when Wirefly had rebates (they don't anymore). This deal isn't a rebate. It's cashback from Bing. No forms or approvals. It's automatic. Also complaints that Wirefly has its own separate ETF, but Wirefly's ETF is the same as Amazon's or BestBuy's or any authorized agent as far as I can tell.
Thanks for your input will be ordering one later today.

rufusmolly

Reaction score
Wirefly was easy to work with

My first post- thanks for all the info I've picked up so far.

Here's my long-story-short: Started dealing with letstalk.com- tried to order my Droid and wife's samsung phone, with a new family plan. During which, letstalk linked me to takeonegetone.com- had to sign up for People magazine to get $30 (had 90 days to cancel and pay nothing). Ended up canceling phone/service order with letstalk (they aren't very bright or easy to deal with), but still received the $30 check a few days later for "trying" People magazine.

Hooked up to wirefly through Bing search to get $50 back per phone. Wirefly is great in my book because you can live chat with their reps= never have to wait on hold/talk to anyone.

My Droid (at the time) was $109.99. Wife's was free. $10 shipping.

Scorecard: $30 rebate + $100 Bing rebate ($50x2 phones)=$130 back
$119.99 going out for phones and shipping
Therefore, my Droid for free + $10 in my pocket

Also, got $60 activation fee waved by Verizon ($30 per phone). All I said to Verizon was that "the rep at letstalk.com told me that you'd wave the activiation fee for me". Verizon said they'd do that, but they weren't happy with letstalk.

Moral: There're ways to save money if you just know where to look.

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT INFO:)!!!

ZBoater

Reaction score
I paid a little extra for mine buying straight from Verizon. $200 for one, get one free. I needed two, so $100 a piece. Free activation, fee overnight shipping.

I had a total of 4 phones on a family plan I was moving over from AT&T, so I liked how easy the Verizon site got all my info to handle the transfer. Amazon.com also has them for $49 but with $35 activation fee. That activation fee is evil... :)

Finelinzz

Reaction score
I have this evil plan to call verizon and try to get an upgrade 3 months early, and then later order the phone for $49 through amazon instead of going through a verizon store. Does anyone know if this will work or maybe tried something like this?

fis

Reaction score
I have this evil plan to call verizon and try to get an upgrade 3 months early, and then later order the phone for $49 through amazon instead of going through a verizon store. Does anyone know if this will work or maybe tried something like this?
You are overthinking this. Just go to Wirefly or Amazon, order your upgrade, if Verizon doesn't approve it, try again in 3 months.