Droid Overheating/Draining Battery on Standbye

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by hondaguy520, Mar 7, 2010.

1. hondaguy520

hondaguy520 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Ive had my phone unplugged from charging for and hour and a half, and have only sent 3 texts, and its already down to 60% from 100% And the temperature has steadily increased to 43C from a normal 35C. This has been happining ever since I installed a fresh copy of Petes 2.1 ROM ESE53. Yesterday I deleted SETPCU in case it was that overclocking my phone too much because at one point it said my phone was up to 125F so I deleted it and shut the phone off for a while. Well since deleting that OC app I am still having problems with the heat and the draining of the battery excessively fast. I am not using a task killer because I have read on multiple threads they are useless.
  2. boomergtp

boomergtp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When you say, you installed a fresh copy are you meaning you did a nandroid back up/wipe old rom and installed the nandroid rom latest version? If so then what kernal are you using? If i was having this problem i would go back to the nandroid back up i made and see if the problem still was there. I'm currently running the BB 2.1 ESE53 V5 with minimal glitches.
  3. hondaguy520

hondaguy520 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    i am still fairly new to this, and i was having problems when installing it, i ended up wiping my phone and it was back to factory everything, then i messed around with it some more and got to the 2.1 rom ese53 bb0.6, i have the latest nandroid, and the kernal since im not sure i just went to phone info says : 2.6.29-omap1-gb5cd919 android build@apa26#1
  4. boomergtp

boomergtp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. hondaguy520

hondaguy520 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    ok im going to dl one of the 1ghz and see if that does anything, should i instal setpcu back on ?
  6. boomergtp

boomergtp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would its a great program.
  7. hondaguy520

hondaguy520 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    i just realized when i updated setcpu the other day i didnt go into and select the autodetect, you think that could have been one of the problems? because that changed the range i can choose, it used to be only up to 550, and i did install one of chevys kernels to increase to 1ghz but i was wondering why it didnt work, and i think its because i didnt select the auto detect...but could that have been draining my battery and overheating?
  8. hondaguy520

hondaguy520 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    My phone is better, but now whenever I run anything, even something simple like an aim client, it heats up to like 44°C, until I close whatever I'm using. Any ideas? I have it set to 125-1000 then either performance or ondemand ( doesn't matter)
  9. boomergtp

boomergtp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Other than doing a nandroid backup. The only other thing I would try is a lower setting try something 800 and under. Another guess would be what type of case or if any do u use on ur phone.
  10. 05Ravenr6

05Ravenr6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    install setcpu again and try a different kernel like they mentioned. I havent tried many of chevys kernels but im running Adamz's low voltage 5 slot up to 1 ghz and it runs very cool. Try one of those
  11. hondaguy520

hondaguy520 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    i am not using a case for my phone and mostly keep it out in the open, this all started just all of a sudden.

and im going to try some of adamz, does he have kernels for the 2.1 ?
Search tags for this page
droid 2 overheating draining battery
droid 3 overheats
droid 4 battery overheating
droid bionic battery over heating

droid overheating

droid phone overheating
motorola android 4 overheated
motorola droid hd overheating support

motorola droid overheating

overheat control android