droid overheating after backup

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ddyoo, Aug 17, 2010.

1. ddyoo

ddyoo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i am currently running 2.2 rooted phone using ss 4.6 rom and chevys 1.2 ulowv kernel. I backed up my current rom to prepare for a new rom i planned on installing later. After my rom backed up and i rebooted, my phone started heating up. It's been running around 105 to 110 degree fareinheit. I used rom managerto back up my rom. My phone has never done this before because i haved backed up my rom using the same method multiple times. My battery life has been draining fast too so i tried force closing certain apps that i do not use and it is still behaving this way. What do i do?

2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +4
    how long have you had that kernel?? It could be kernel related. I would suggest trying another kernel and see if the battery continues to overheat.

Edit: Also are you using any kind of app to control the cpu or battery temp?? I use SetCPU and have profiles set that when my battery gets to a certain temp the speed of my processor slows down.

3. ddyoo

ddyoo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I downloaded and installed the kernel last week. I am using setCPU with profiles:
    Screen Turn off : min250 max 400 priority 100
    Battery < 20% : min250 max 550 priority 80
    Temp >44.3 degree Celsius : min250 max 800 priority 75

I did manage to fix the problem by reloading a previous rom I had backed up, but I am still curious as to what might have caused this problem. My setCPU profiles did register and my cpu speed decreased but my phone was still running between 105 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Before I reloaded a backup, I have tried rebooting my phone, turning it off, and even pulling out the battery and letting it sit for a couple of minutes. Nothing seemed to have worked. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem before? All this happened from backing up my current rom at the time. I didn't even flash the new rom or make any other changes to it.