Droid Overheated and won't turn on

boostdscoob

Reaction score
is setcpu installed into the rom??
then no. it is a feature of setcpu. solely of setcpu..

Darkseider

Reaction score
No. Assuming your droid is ruining fine with BB there should be no need to worry. If you are paranoid just install temp monitor to monitor temp

OP
Z

zyphil

Reaction score
Yeah, i didn't have a failsafe or whatever. But what was odd, is that it was cool when i took it out, but then the temperature shot up just by me browsing the internet. Oh well haha. At least now i can get my new droid, and root it.

thorn11166

Reaction score
Funny no known OCed phones have cooked but a stock has lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

droidman101

Reaction score
This is weird because phones have a hardware failsafe that shuts off at 138F. This failsafe can't be changed.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
lol, hence my freaking out just getting a droid a few days ago and rooting it to Bugless Beast 1GHZ.. still running very cool, never seen it go far beyond 40c, normally around 20-30c...

As far as a stock cell phone overheating................

The machine must have missed a connection in assembling the phone

LordBalthazar

Reaction score
This same thing JUST happened to me, however, I wasn't even using my phone. It's 5am, and I just woke up. I picked up my phone to check something and it was hot, now it won't come on. I took the battery out for a few mins and put it back in, nothing. I plugged it in, the "charging" light comes on, but it still won't come on. So I let it sit for a few mins to let it build up a charge, but it still won't come on. So I grabbed my other droid (which I had to replace due to water damage, but the battery was fine) and tried that battery... same thing.... what the heck happened? I haven't rooted it or anything, I wasn't even using it when it happened. What sucks even more about this is, I had to buy this phone off of ebay (from a very good seller) to replace my original one since I didn't have insurance. I've only had this phone about 2 months. This really sucks because I use my phone for EVERYTHING.

jaedi

Reaction score
it died :(

my phone died as well. the phone wont turn on. the light turns green when i plug it in but thats it. it had been overheating a few times during that week while i played droid words, and watched a movie.
my phone is rooted, but everything else pretty much stock. i dont overclock, i run as few apps as possible and have a screen dimer.
my phone has been running like that ever since i got it.
i had to call verizon and hopefully i will be getting a new phone in the mail soon.
ill make sure that i only use the wall charger built for my phone, i think it might have been an issue with a borrowed charger. its weird because it was motorola as well, but it wasnt made for droids.
o well, thank god for good customer service.

falcone52

Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you so much for this info. I was worried cause i dont have insurance on my DROID 2 and i realllllly didnt want to replace mine. It overheated and turned off, turned on for about 20 seconds then shut back down. When i plugged it into the USB Port on my CPU it would show the light on the side saying it was charging it but it wouldnt turn on. Plugged it into the wall charger and BADA BING BADA BOOM! Its charging right now and i hope it works. I have alot of files on there and my Blizzard Authenticator and what not. TY ALL SO MUCH