Droid Overclock and Battery Life.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha well I got a 97 chevy tahoe which is a street truck that hits the mud here and there. I have done a few things to the engine as I'm pushing near 370hp. Although I don't have a turbo on mine most of my my buddies are farmers here in east nc and they mostly have 2500-3500 trucks in which all have turbos due to diesel engines. I'm a gearhead at heart also so that adds to the fact everything I do I compare to cars/trucks/engines. I will say a turbo is well worth every penny unless your like I am and like to be a lil old school and stick with larger injectors and bigger carburateors. I would happily take an engine with an 850cfm carb over an engine running a turbo. I like old school power like a stock 69 camero SS or a modded 69 camero with a 572 big block under the hood

Sent from my Liberated D2

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Reaction score
Haha well I got a 97 chevy tahoe which is a street truck that hits the mud here and there. I have done a few things to the engine as I'm pushing near 370hp. Although I don't have a turbo on mine most of my my buddies are farmers here in east nc and they mostly have 2500-3500 trucks in which all have turbos due to diesel engines. I'm a gearhead at heart also so that adds to the fact everything I do I compare to cars/trucks/engines. I will say a turbo is well worth every penny unless your like I am and like to be a lil old school and stick with larger injectors and bigger carburateors. I would happily take an engine with an 850cfm carb over an engine running a turbo. I like old school power like a stock 69 camero SS or a modded 69 camero with a 572 big block under the hood

97 Impreza Outback Sport with a full WRX drivetrain.
Very long mod list. Very long.
246whp/257tq @ 18psi

;)

Sent from my Droid2 using my thumbs

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow thats impressive Xan. I bet working on this D2 is easier to work on than the Outback. I imagine you do quite a bit of studying and tuning on the computer for your engine tho dont you? like dyno's and what not?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
show off....LOL....Ford! well described james. I think ur on ur way in tech.

Survived another tsunami...Aloha from Hawaii!!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha maybe I will get somethin accomplished tech wise. Even if its just personal. I gotta hand it to the Stage 3 Roush Mustang tho. Very sporty and def has a bit of pick up to it. Wish I could own one. Might get myself in trouble with it haha.

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Reaction score
Wow thats impressive Xan. I bet working on this D2 is easier to work on than the Outback. I imagine you do quite a bit of studying and tuning on the computer for your engine tho dont you? like dyno's and what not?

I don't trust myself to tune it, especially with one of the best shops in the country 45 minutes away. ;)

They're both difficult to work on in different ways!

Tmagi

Reaction score
Only 246 at 18psi? I work on cars for a living and have had blown a lot of turbos in my day haha. And I actually drove a roush stang today and noting like some good ol american horses. Right now I drive and track a miata that I threw a turbo onto. Stock internals, stock exhaust, only 8psi and 2000lbs, and its at 250whp. Once I throw some forged internals and 3" cat back ill be +300whp whoopin vettes and vipers with a miata.

Anyway back to what's on topic. I was pretty much you about a month ago haha. What I did learn though is every phone is different and my phone might be able to handle 1.35ghz at mv and stay under 105F while your phone at the same settings would never be able to run. For me it was kinda trial and error and my sweet spot is 1.2ghz at lv. I could run 1.25 or even 1.3 but like on my car I'm only running 8psi because that's what I feel comfortable running it at, I could probably run it at 10psi but id rather be safe than sorry. When I swap my internals ill push it to 12psi. Now if only these droids had forged internals :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Reaction score
Only 246 at 18psi? I work on cars for a living and have had blown a lot of turbos in my day haha. And I actually drove a roush stang today and noting like some good ol american horses. Right now I drive and track a miata that I threw a turbo onto. Stock internals, stock exhaust, only 8psi and 2000lbs, and its at 250whp. Once I throw some forged internals and 3" cat back ill be +300whp whoopin vettes and vipers with a miata.

Anyway back to what's on topic. I was pretty much you about a month ago haha. What I did learn though is every phone is different and my phone might be able to handle 1.35ghz at mv and stay under 105F while your phone at the same settings would never be able to run. For me it was kinda trial and error and my sweet spot is 1.2ghz at lv. I could run 1.25 or even 1.3 but like on my car I'm only running 8psi because that's what I feel comfortable running it at, I could probably run it at 10psi but id rather be safe than sorry. When I swap my internals ill push it to 12psi. Now if only these droids had forged internals :)

It's a 2-liter with 20% drivetrain loss and it was 94 degrees out when we dynoed it.

I haven't tried any of the low voltage settings.

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Reaction score

It's a 2-liter with 20% drivetrain loss and it was 94 degrees out when we dynoed it. ;)

I haven't tried any of the low voltage settings.