Droid or tbolt, where to buy?

lisalisa13

Reaction score
My upgrade is finally here tomorrow yippee!! was all set to get the thunder bolt when the bionic came out, now I'm leaning towards it... Thoughts?
also if I do decide on it does anyone know if costco is still doing the special, didn't see it online but haven't gone in one. Saw it at walmart for 199 also. If I don't purchase at verizon store will my insurance still apply?
Lastly never had a motorola or htc so still a little torn. I'll have a toddler in tow, so probably won't get to play with with the phones much in store unfortunately so any input would be much appreciated.
New to the forum, hope thats not to many questions at once!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I was in the same boat, I had my early upgrade and was days from getting paid and was set on the TB but a day before getting paid I saw that the Bionic just dropped so I ended up going with that. I'm actually on my way to fedex since I was at work when they came. I got mine from Verizon and paid 319.00 due to most of the deals on backorder. U know what they say, "the early nerd gets the Bionic... cheap". Lol. Not even sure if the deals are still going on but try Walmart or wirefly. Not sure if Costco is even still doing the bundle deal anymore but call em and see, what do u got to lose. Definitely go with the Bionic though u won't regret it. :)

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Bionic is a much better device than the Thunderbolt, just in terms of the age of technology being used.

Also the battery is better on the Bionic as well.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The Bionic is a much better device than the Thunderbolt, just in terms of the age of technology being used.

Also the battery is better on the Bionic as well.

Concur. You'd be wasting an upgrade if you get the tb.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Wait a month. The bionic or tb are going nowhere. Get the prime or vigor when they came out.

Between these two though idk.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
My upgrade is finally here tomorrow yippee!! was all set to get the thunder bolt when the bionic came out, now I'm leaning towards it... Thoughts?
also if I do decide on it does anyone know if costco is still doing the special, didn't see it online but haven't gone in one. Saw it at walmart for 199 also. If I don't purchase at verizon store will my insurance still apply?
Lastly never had a motorola or htc so still a little torn. I'll have a toddler in tow, so probably won't get to play with with the phones much in store unfortunately so any input would be much appreciated.
New to the forum, hope thats not to many questions at once!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

The Bionic is an awesome phone, but supposedly there are a couple more God phones on the horizon. You could wait for those.

Whatever you do, dont buy the Thunderbolt.

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Already waited 9 months don't think I can wait another minute. theres always gonna be a better phone coming out anyway right? Pretty sure i'll be going with the bionic tomorrow, can't wait :)

hustlinjoe

Reaction score
wait another month or so and get the htc vigor it is a way better phone with better features then the bionic .I have had motorola devices and I have had htc and I know for a fact htc makes it better device .well at least that's my opinion .

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There will always be a better phone on the horizon. I can almost guarantee see you'll see people posting a similar thread when the Prime or Vigor come out, and some will say to wait for the <insert phone name here> will be out in a "couple of months." I say get what you need, but I agree either the Bionic or a newer phone rather than the older Bolt.

Last edited:

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Already waited 9 months don't think I can wait another minute. theres always gonna be a better phone coming out anyway right? Pretty sure i'll be going with the bionic tomorrow, can't wait :)

That was my mentality too. Plus the Prime and Vigor are just rumored to be released in a couple months, no official release date. U won't be disappointed with the Bionic, its fast, has a big hd screen, lightweight, super responsive and battery life is great. I've been playing with it for 5 hours straight and just hit 50% and I'm only on the first full charge. Can't wait to see it once the battery goes through a few cycles.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Godric

Reaction score
My upgrade just came up Sunday so I'm in the same boat. Today is the last day for that Costco deal I believe, and letstalk still has a deal, I haven't checked much elsewhere but I don't think I can wait too long for a "godlier" phone.

Id say get a Bionic, despite some problems people have had with it its the best phone Verizon has right now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

lanza_david

Reaction score
My upgrade just came up Sunday so I'm in the same boat. Today is the last day for that Costco deal I believe, and letstalk still has a deal, I haven't checked much elsewhere but I don't think I can wait too long for a "godlier" phone.

Id say get a Bionic, despite some problems people have had with it its the best phone Verizon has right now.

Where did you hear that today was the last day for the costco deal? I did see in last talk fb page that today is the last day for the 20 bucks off.

Godric

Reaction score
Its just what I heard, I hope I'm wrong lol cause a lot of sites have the phone for around $250

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
wait another month or so and get the htc vigor it is a way better phone with better features then the bionic .I have had motorola devices and I have had htc and I know for a fact htc makes it better device .well at least that's my opinion .

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

lol.. not sure if serious.

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Well, I did it! Got the Bionic at radio shack for $199 couldn't pass that up! wish it would hurry up and finish charging so I can play with it lol!